Drop Dead.

Chapter Twenty-Eight.

Over the course of the next few months, I’d received phone calls nearly everyday from people on the guest list, telling me whether they could or could not come. Most of them were able to attend, and the ones who weren’t had legitimate excuses. So far, we had a total of eighty people attending. The wedding was in two months and all that needed to be done was to find and fit my dress, continue to monitor the caterers, and double-check the guest list – and, of course, plan the bachelorette party, suggested by Marcy. I didn’t really see a point in having a party the night before my wedding since I didn’t have many girlfriends to invite. Unfortunately, Marcy didn’t see it that way, so she took the liberty of inviting the girls from the café to a hotel room that Marcy’s generous salary paid for.

I felt guilty that she had to pay for it, but she insisted on numerous occasions that I deserved a kick-ass bachelorette party, even if I believed I didn’t.

The night of the party – and the eve of my wedding – the hotel room was stocked with champagne and other liquors and there were about ten of us in the room. My friends and coworkers were gathered around me, thrusting gifts into my waiting hands. I got a total of four thongs, a vibrator – which we all had a good laugh about – and a few silver picture frames to show off our fabulous wedding – Marcy’s words, not mine. I ended up drinking a little more than I intended to, but not so much that I would be hung-over during the wedding.

“So are yeh excited?” one of my coworkers, Melissa, asked. She sipped her wine as I grinned and nodded happily.

“I’m getting married, for Pete’s sake!” I told her. The girls giggled and nodded their agreements.

“So wha’ about tha’ Oliver character? Whatever ‘appened wiff ‘im?” Lindsay asked curiously. My smile faltered, but only slightly, and the girls all turned to glare at her. “Wha’?”

“Yeh can’ jus’ ask tha’, Linds,” Melissa scolded, glaring at her. I shook my head and held up a hand to stop Melissa from going off on the poor girl.

“It’s fine. Um, as yeh all know, Oliver and I had a bit of a thing going on a while back,” I started. Regina, an older woman, scoffed jokingly.

“I’d say it were more of jus’ a thing.” The rest of the group was quick to giggle and agree. I smiled, although it was forced.

“Yeah, well, yeh know. Anyways, um, why don’t I start from the beginning?” So I did. The girls were on the edges of their seats by the time I’d come to the part about Oliver’s confession at the bar. “He told me he was in love with me.” They all gasped – as if they weren’t expecting it. I chuckled and nodded.

“Do yeh love ‘im back?” Lindsay asked, scooting closer to me on the floor. I sucked my bottom lip between my teeth as I contemplated my answer. There was no doubt that, at one point, I had been in love with Oliver. But upon learning of his plan to get me to fall for him, to force him to break up with Melanie, I pushed all feelings of love towards Oliver far, far away. Besides, I had David – I was marrying David. I didn’t need Oliver.

“At one point, I did. But…people fall out of love just as easily as they fall in it.” I shrugged nonchalantly. The girls nodded understandingly.

“Besides, yeh got David,” Melissa reiterated. I grinned and the girls continued to gush over the fact that, in less than twenty-four hours, I would be happily married.

However, I couldn’t shake Oliver from my mind. After reliving my time with him through words, he wouldn’t leave my head. I knew he was more than likely to show up tomorrow, despite not being invited – at least by me; I wasn’t sure if David invited him after everything – and I wasn’t sure how I’d react if he did make an appearance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy shit. Almost 500 readers, 135 comments, and 140 subscribers. I didn't think this story would be such a hit! Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, and this story's almost over. The next chapter will be the end :( And while I continue to develop Male Anatomy I'll be writing up a new story. It will be fanfiction, although I'm not quite sure who about just yet. So I'll ask you, my readers: who do you want to see in the next story? It can be anyone, even someone I'm not too familiar with :3 Granted I'll do my research. So let me know :D

Feedback is greatly appreciated.