Status: an update about three or four times a week... maybe ? :D

Falling Together

Thunderstorms

Something unexpected happened. Within in the next few weeks, I had grown familiar with the halls of Flanagan High. I wasn’t in shock of the fact that I was in high school, anymore. I had grown to accept the fact that I was here and that there was nothing I could do to change it.

I wasn’t exactly unhappy here- I was content. I knew the people around me, the classes were easy and I had already gotten used to everything. I was still begging for escape out of these walls like the next teenager, but staying in class wasn’t as unbearable as it used to be.

The sound of giggling took me out of my thoughts and I looked to my left and spotted Kathy with a guy. The sight wasn’t surprising to me- Kathy was a flirt, that much was obvious. The guy was what made me pause for a second longer than I should have. There was something about him that set me off the edge, that made my skin crawl.

He looked up from Kathy and met my eyes. He winked at me, a cocky smile touching his lips. I rolled my eyes and continued walking, disinterested in a jerk like him. It was typical of Kathy to flirt with these kinds of guys- the guy that would drop you for the next pretty, air-headed girl that gave him the time of day.

I never knew why she bothered with guys like him- they weren’t worth the trouble.

-

During lunch, I sat with Kathy, like always. I had my head down in my arms when she sat down in front of me, sighing happily.

“What happened?” I asked, not bothering to look up. My voice was muffled due to the fact that my mouth was pressed against my arm.

“Brett.” She stated dreamily.

I raised my head and propped my chin up on my arm. “Is that the guy you were talking to earlier?” I asked. My bangs fell into my eyes and I tried to blow them away but had no success.

“If he had blonde hair, brown eyes, then yes.” Kathy pointedly looked at the table next to ours and I followed her gaze, my eyes landing on the guy from this morning.

“Yup, that’s the guy I saw you with.” I nodded.

“Isn’t he adorable?” she gushed, her eyes shining brightly.

I rolled my eyes, “He’s cuter than puppies.” I mimicked her tone.

Kathy glared and I chuckled. “You love me.” I stated without hesitation.

“I’m not too sure about that.” she pursed her lips.

I fake scoffed. “I see how it is.” I got up from my chair and grabbed my things. Taking a more serous tone, I waved goodbye.“I’m going to the library, see you in 8th.”

I headed out of the cafeteria and navigated the hallways until I found the sacred library. In the library I headed straight for the bean bag chairs in the back and collapsed in the one nearest to the window.

Immediately, a huge crack of thunder sounded and the room was illuminated by a flash of lightning. Smiling to myself, I closed my eyes and leaned back in the chair, listening to the sound of rain falling as if it were a lullaby.

“You know, most girls hate thunderstorms.” a voice said.

I was too comfortable to move, but I answered nonetheless. “Who said I don’t?”

“Judging by the look on your face- the smile and the look of complete comfort- I’m thinking you love them.” The same voice answered.

I shrugged. “Nice guess.”

“It wasn’t a guess.” I heard someone plop down on a bean chair nearby.

I let out a frustrated breath, causing my bangs to fly up.

“A loner, I see?” He persisted.

“Nope. I just like my quiet time.” I hinted, stretching my arms until I heard the joints pop.

“Guess you’re out of luck.”

I opened my eyes and turned my head to the side, my light blue eyes meeting a pair of dark green eyes staring at me curiously. He had medium length blonde hair and a smile that seemed easy going. I refused the urge to smile back and turned my hips so I was lying down on my left side.

“If you don’t talk, I won’t bitch at you. Deal?” I proposed.

He thought about this for a moment and then shrugged. “Sure thing.”

I settled back into the bean chair again and closed my eyes, letting the sound of the rain slowly drift me off to sleep.

-

I was awoken by someone shaking me and the sound of my name being called out. I slowly opened my eyes, feeling the dreariness deep down in my bones. I wanted to stay asleep, especially since it was still raining outside, which made the thought all the more appealing.

I focused on the person in front of me, calling my name. Soon, the blurriness was cleared and I could see Kathy trying to wake me up.

“Gah, stop screaming.” I told her, covering my ears from her incessant, obnoxious voice.

he humphed and got up, putting her hands on her hips and looking at me with disapproval clear in her hazel eyes.

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?” I grumbled, rubbing my eyes.

“It’s 2:45, you slept through all of your afternoon classes.” Kathy told me, examining her nails.

“Oh shit.” I got up from my bean bag chair quickly. As soon as I got up straight, the world around me spun and I had to fight to keep my balance. “Woah,” I whispered, closing my eyes tight and then re-opening them.

I had been so busy trying to keep my balance I almost didn’t notice the paper falling down from me. I picked it up and opened the folded note, reading its contents.

Dear Sleeping Beauty,

I tried to wake you up, but you sure are a heavy sleeper.
Oh, and you might want to fix your snoring problem.
I knew you would probably kill me, if when you wake up,
I was there... so I’d rather save my pretty face.
Hope to see you again here.

Your Prince Charming.


For some reason, a smile tugged the corners of my lips. I didn’t know why I was so happy about the note because for one thing, he said I snored and I do not snore.

“What are you smiling at?” Kathy asked, trying to peer over my shoulder to get a look at the note.

I shoved the note in my pocket and turned around, shrugging. “Nothing important.”

She looked at me carefully and then let it drop. Or so I thought. “Must have been something sweet for you to smile at it though.” she commented.

I didn’t answer her, only stared out the window where the rain continued to fall. What did she mean by that?
♠ ♠ ♠
<3
comment & subscribe, my lovelies.