Status: In Progress. Comment? :D

Sunflowers and Tulips

Chapter Fifteen

Braedon's POC

The shadow of Dr.Whats-His-Face walked away as I stared out of the window, wondering what he and my dad were talking about. Obviously, it upset Dad because he staggered back, and then slid down out of sight. I guess he was sitting on the ground. There was nothing I wanted to do more than comfort him and talk to James. But, that can’t happen. Unless…

I pulled myself up so that I was sitting up, grimacing from the slight pain. At least my arms worked. The moment I thought that, I realized that I didn’t know the rest of my injuries. But that didn’t matter. I had to get to Dad. Slowly, I pushed myself so that my feet were dangling over the side of the bed and then slid gently off, my feet hitting the cold linoleum tile. The rush of cool air that greeted my feet made me shiver, but I ignored it. It didn’t matter if I was in pain or just uncomfortable, my father was the most important thing.

They said I couldn’t walk. They said I couldn’t run. They said I couldn’t even move a foot. And this is what I’m doing now…Fuck them all. No one can tell me what I can and cannot do. If I want to walk, then Goddammit I’ll walk! And right now, I wanted to walk to my father. So, I grabbed a hold of the pole that was holding my IV bags and started to walk. My feet shuffled slowly across the floor, and with each miniscule movement, I cringed from the crippling pain. But, I continued forward, my eyes never leaving the silver door-handle that separated me from my father.

The trek seemed like forever, but I was finally only a foot away from the door. My vision was blurry and I was breathing heavily. Sweat was pouring down my face from the effort and I was basically in tears from the sheer pain of it all. Suddenly, my head spun and my knees buckled. I reached for the door in one final effort and then felt my fingers push the handle down to open it a crack. My head hit the tile with a dull thud, making my mind reel. I groaned out loud in pain, wishing that I could have just gotten to Dad.

“Margherita!?” a deep voice exclaimed, shocked. I groaned again in response, forgetting how to speak. “Holy shit…come on. Let’s get you back to bed.”

I felt a couple of arms wrap around me and suddenly I was lifted into the air. I curled towards the warm chest with a slight effort, just wanting comfort from whoever it was. Strangely, the warmth and feel of the chest seemed familiar…

I didn’t have time to think about it more, because right when my head hit the pillow, I was asleep.

~~

My eyes slowly opened to reveal a puffy-eyed Dad and an even puffier-eyed James. The feel of things seemed similar: I wake up, they’re there crying their eyes out, doctors come in, James and I fight, things turn to shit, then the cycle starts over again. However, this time was going to be different. Both of their mouths opened to say something, but I quickly (and painfully) put my hand up to stop them.

The first words that came out of my mouth was, “James…I love you.”

A silence filled the room the size of an elephant. I honestly don’t know what possessed me to say that I loved James, but I said it, and I realized something. I truly, honestly love James Gurley. And no matter what happens, I always will. We grew up together. He was my first kiss, just as I was his. There’s this connection we have that’s irreplaceable. No one can take that away from us. I’ve been really stupid these past couple of years, and I need to change that. Not only to be with James and love him, but to also help me understand what it means to become a man.

But now, it was up to James to decide whether to accept or reject me. And I sure as hell hope he accepts me. Because if he doesn’t, I will die. No—not die. I will shrivel up into a little ball, hide in a corner, combust into flames, and THEN die. No joke.

A joyous cry interrupted my thoughts, and I was suddenly tackle-hugged by one of the biggest football players in my high school. A.k.a: James.

“I love you too Margherita,” he whispered in my ear.

Then…we kissed…

THE END.

Nah. I’m just joking. The kiss was amazing. His warm lips touched mine and a shock went through me immediately, making my body warm all over. I shuddered at the feeling of it all, but it was a good shudder. The kind like when you get really excited for something and you can’t wait for it to happen. Yeah. That kind of shudder-feeling.
And let me tell you. That kiss—our second kiss—was magical.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY! THEY KISSED! :D

Okay, guys. I have a few very well placed excuses for why I haven't updated. First of all, finals week was the last week of May, along with me working, so there was no possible way I could update without me having some sort of a mental breakdown. This past week was just because I didn't feel like updating or even writing, so yes, you can throw rotten eggs or tomatoes at me for that.

Dedications! This actually goes to everyone this time. My cousin Mary, my friend Morgan (aka starrsublime), my friend Melissa, my friend Arael. I think that's it...OH. And Bomb-Fo-Shizzling! and BlackRosesBleedBlack. Those guys talked to me for the past couple of weeks and it helped a lot. I love all of you guys and I honestly wouldn't have kept this story without y'all!

SO. I shall be gone for this week because I'm going out of town with my beautiful friend Haley. However, I shall be back and I will have a good idea on what I should write next chapter about. :D

Oh. And Morgan. No gay butt sex for you! >:D