Status: In Progress. Comment? :D

Sunflowers and Tulips

Chapter One

James’ POV

“Come on, Margherita! We’re gonna miss the movie!” I yelled, walking into the Clark “house” freely. My black hair got into my eyes and I flipped it out of the way, making sure that it was perfect in the mirror in the small front hall. A hot teen reflected back to me, and my eyes widened in shock. I didn’t even know I was that…well…hot. Maybe it was just a trick of the eyes. In order to make sure that it wasn’t all a fluke, I rubbed my eyes until the little dots appeared in my vision and looked again…only to find the same person. Was that really me?

“Yes, that really is you James.” A familiar voice said behind me.

I turned around to see Mr. Clark’s smiling face. His eyes sparkled with delight at seeing me, even though I was here yesterday. I don’t know why he does that. It’s like he has this secret that no one knows except for him and he’s just waiting for the right time to tell someone. Truthfully, it kind of creeps me out. But hey, it’s Mr. Clark: whatever he does isn’t weird to anyone simply because he’s Mr. Clark.

I chuckled nervously, “Oh..hi, Mr. Clark.”

He slapped my shoulder lightly and said, “What did I tell you about calling me Mr. Clark?”

“Uhm…that you would rip off my balls and use them for tennis the next time I did that?”

“No. The other thing,” he said, rolling his eyes.

“Oh! Well…to call you Daniel?”

Daniel nodded his head and patted my shoulder. “Good boy. Now, what do you need?” He asked, walking away from me and into the kitchen.

I followed him into the place where the magic happens: the making of food. It’s like a freaking ritual that I go into the kitchen first before going up to Braedon’s room. Everyone knows it, even Mr. Clark. He got into the habit of making little snacks around the time I get here, which is really at random, so I don’t know how the hell he keeps up the constant food. I mean, he only has one kid, which is my best friend…who eats just as much as I do….okay. I see why there’s always food.

“Well, Mr…..Daniel. I need your delicious food, a kiss from you, and your son Braedon,” I replied, winking jokingly. “I’d prefer the food first, but if you REALLY want to kiss me, I’m not stopping you.” I said the kiss part because I’m the only person who knows that Daniel turned gay after his wife left and I always joke around that he secretly wants me.

He laughed and slapped me up-side the head, this time a little harder. “You’re stupid. Eat your food, boy. I’ll get my hermit son.”

“Your hermit son? He’s a hermit crab?”

Daniel just shrugged and said, “Hey. He’s been up in his room for the weekend. He barely comes down stairs and it’s only to get food then go back up again. I don’t know what’s up with him.”

A smile formed on my face and I patted his shoulder. “Don’t worry. I know what’s up with the little fucktard. I’ll get ‘im.”

“HEY! Language!” Daniel shouted, but I was already sprinting down the small hall to Braedon’s little man-cave.

In less than three seconds, I was outside of his bedroom, looking at the door that was plastered with random bands and singers. The one that stood out to me was one of Adam Lambert. I didn’t even know he liked Lambert all that much. Oh well. It’s his choice on what type of music he likes and I sure as hell can’t stop him. But it is really weird seeing that poster randomly.

I took a deep breath and barged in, not really caring about invasion of privacy until I saw what Braedon was doing. His back was to me (thank god), but that was one of the many problems in this situation. He was facing away from me, but he was butt-naked. Steam settled on the wooden floor boards because he apparently took a shower, and his body was glistening with water. His petite frame shuddered from the instant cold air that hit his tan skin, and I melted stood there. Suddenly, he turned towards me and I tried to move, but couldn’t. But before I could see him, his eyes saw me first.

Braedon screamed like bloody murder and jumped onto his bed, throwing the covers on himself. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE, GIRASOLE!? I’M FUCKING NAKED!” His beautiful wide blue eyes looking up to be. I was still frozen in the door, my mouth open in shock.

“I…I’m sorry. I d-didn’t know you were ch-changing,” I stuttered, trying to find words for the sexiness embarrassment of the situation. “You w-were late.”

His eyes flashed angrily. “GET OUT. GET OUT! GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM!”

I squealed and slammed the door shut, running back to the kitchen. The image of him was still fresh in my thoughts and I grabbed my head really right, trying to shake them out. I started to hyperventilate and so I sat down in a chair, wrapped my arms around myself and rocked back and forth. It was so confusing. Did I like what I saw? Did I not like it?

“Hey, bucko!” Daniel said, and I flinched unexpectedly. “What’s wrong? I heard yelling.”

My hands got all sweaty and my face paled. “Uhm…well…I walked in on your son changing clothes. Actually, he was just plain naked.”

“Oh!” he said, his eyes widening. He, then, looked closer to me and smirked.

My brows furrowed and I asked, “What?”

“I know that face. That, my dear friend, is the face of infatuation.” he replied, smugly grinning.

“What?”

“Infatuation means you like him, dumbass.”

I scrambled out of the chair and fell on the ground in shock. “I…I what?!”

“You. Like. Him.”

“What the hell, dude? What are you smoking?”

He slapped me up-side the head. I’ve been getting a lot of that lately. “I’m not smoking anything. I know what it’s like to like a guy. And I can see that you like him. It’s simple.”

“Hey, man. I’m straight.” I said, shaking my head.

“To hell you are! I’ve known you since you were a kid. And damn it, James, I know what you and Braedon did under that slide for his tenth birthday.” He hinted, winking.

My mouth hung open and I spluttered, “Uhm…what are you talking about?”

“You know exactly what I’m talking about, James. Don’t play stupid with me. You guys kissed under that slide.”

“Fine. We did. But we were only curious, okay? Well, I was curious. Braedon just followed along. He probably forgot the whole deal.” I defended, still kind of mad.

Daniel chuckled and said, “Nah. He remembers.”

“How do you know?”

“I just do. It’s a fatherly-thing.”

“….So you basically hacked into his laptop and read his online journal?”

“Yea.”

“Ooooookay, then!”

“But seriously, man. Just don’t pay attention to his yelling. I bet you five bucks he wanted you to walk in there again to see his body,” said Daniel, grinning.

I looked at him like he had two heads. “What?”

“Yea. You know, he secretly wants you. I know that too.” I ignored the first part of it, not even bothering to think about if he Braedon wanted me or not. He couldn’t want me. I’m a guy. We’re both [i[straight. Daniel winked and started to walk away. “Go apologize!”

Standing up, I replied, “Alright, alright! Fine! Jeezum, man!” Then I walked away towards Braedon’s room, dreading what would happen. One step…two step…three step…four. My breathing got heavier. Five steps…six steps…seven steps…more. I felt sweat dripping down my forehead, and I wiped it away with the back of my hand. Feeling the warm liquid make me want to feel sick, so I just wiped it on a random towel. Gross, I know, but I don’t like sweat all that much. And I’m a football player!

I got to the bedroom and looked at the wooden door that was separating me between the skinny twig I call my best friend, and I took a deep breath, nervous. I tried to get my arm to move to the doorknob, but it wouldn’t even budge. My mind started to freak out and go haywire, thinking a million things at once like “I’m paralyzed?” or “HOLY SHIT I CAN’T FREAKING MOVE!” Then, I finally got my arm to work and right when I was about to touch the doorknob, the door opened and revealed Braedon, or as I like to call him: Margherita. I smiled to him, but all he did was glare.

What the fuck happened to my best friend?
♠ ♠ ♠
I really wanted this to be more, but it's 11:08 pm and I have to do research on a project. So this is all you're getting for a few days. I'm really sorry!

Comment?? :D