Status: In Progress. Comment? :D

Sunflowers and Tulips

Chapter Five

James' POV

I sat by his side always. Waiting for the day that he would wake up, waiting for the day that I could see his gorgeous eyes gleam at me. I miss his eyes. They were like two pools of clear water that I could just look into for hours on end and never get tired of. He was perfect, and I failed to tell him that. I was a failure as a friend, and a failure as a brother.

Every day, I would come into the hospital and sing to him. All the songs were written by me, of course, but I don’t think the whole effect would be complete without seeing his reaction. It broke my heart, but I had to keep going strong…for him. The nurses literally had to drag me out of the room once visiting hours were over just so I could go home. I cried every time they did that. How could they just tear apart us like that? Obviously, the world is crueler than I think. First, Braedon and I got into a fight. Then, we got into a car accident, putting him in a coma and leaving me with only a few bruises and scrapes. And now, the nurses are trying to separate me from the boy I love.

Yea. That’s right. Love. L-O-V-E. I love him like no other, and it took me this fucking long to realize it. Being in the closet for about has been hell. It’s not like I knew I was gay before now, but I guess I was just in denial, which sucked. I felt like I was missing a part of me, like I was denying an essential part of me. It was not enjoyable.

Thank god Daniel decided to smack my head a few times; he made me see that I loved him…well…after he ranted and raved for a good forty-five minutes on how good of a couple we would be and how adorable our prom pictures would look if he ever woke up. Then that got him to start crying for another forty-five minutes…with me crying on his shoulder, of course. So after the whole crying session, I was just sitting there with Daniel. Then, it dawned on me. I am seriously, truly, and irrevocably in love with Braedon.

When I told Daniel this, he looked to the sky, and said (well, screamed), “HALLELUJAH! PRAISE TO THE LORD ALMIGHTY!”

Ever since then, I’ve been by his side and telling him I loved him every day. Hopefully, he’s heard and understood me. I would just love to have him wake up and kiss me full on the lips, tongue and all. Well…maybe just lips. The whole “gay” thing is still new to me. I just need to adjust to the fact that I like guys. Or maybe it’s that I only like Braedon. It’s hard to describe. Maybe I’m just attracted to both, which is even more confusing because now I’d have to figure out which I preferred and stuff.

I was not looking forward to it.

But I’d be perfectly fine as long as Braedon was okay. I would love for him to be perfectly fine, even if it meant not being with him. I’d do whatever it takes. If it meant me giving him my heart, I would. Which that doesn’t make sense unless he randomly had a heart issue.

Okay, James. Just calm down…

I took a deep breath and looked over to Braedon, seeing his perfect body. His chest steadily rose up and down, making me thankful that he was still breathing. His blond hair was just a little greasy, but it still was in perfect place even though he was in a car accident only a few days ago. His pink lips were slightly parted and chapped, but still plump and kissable. God…I really want to kiss him right now. It could be like Snow White being kissed by the Prince, then waking up and them living happily ever after. That would be amazing.

Then, the most amazing thing happened: he moved…then groaned, scrunching his face up like he always does right before he wakes up. My breath hitched in my throat in excitement, but somehow I called out, “He’s awake! He’s awake!” He started to drift off again and I said, “C’mon buddy. Don’t fall asleep again.” His beautiful eyes fluttered open, but he probably didn’t see me because I was pushed out of the room by a nurse. Even though that happened, I got to see his eyes…his wonderful eyes.

Now I know that everything will be okay. Now I know that he will live.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm on an updating frenzy! More comments, please? I'm a comment whore. ;D

Also, I just noticed that I have THREE FREAKING STARS. I was so proud of myself and you lovely readers that I wrote this chapter out of sheer joy. More comments and more subscribers/readers make Mickie be happeh.

Oh. And a special dedication to my friend, starsublime,(AKA Mostajo) because she got me off of my lazy ass and made me update. So yea. You're amazing Mostajo!♥