Status: In Progress. Comment? :D

Sunflowers and Tulips

Chapter Six

Braedon's POV

I knew that I was sleeping. Or…maybe I was just day dreaming? Either way, something about this world I was in was not right, and I didn’t like it. It just felt wrong in a way; like I wasn’t supposed to be here. I was supposed to be somewhere else. The only problem was: I just didn’t know where. Which honestly sucked because I really wanted to get back to James my dad.

The area was a small park surrounded by trees and bushes; it was beautiful. The playground was shining like it was just built and the children’s laughter was loud and ringing in my ears. It was a child’s (and my) dream-come true. The sound of birds chirping in the blue sky, singing a love song that would brighten anyone’s day, and the breeze blowing through the trees reached my ears. The sun was shining down on me, giving me instant warmth and happiness that I never knew could exist. It was absolutely perfect.

“C’mon, Mommy!” a little blond boy squealed, trying to pull his mother with him.

She laughed, and I instantly recognized it; it was my mother’s. “Okay, Brae-Brae!” she replied, smiling a smile that should have never left her face.

Then, I realized that it was a memory. My most favourite memory in the world because that day was the one day we all were truly happy.

“BRAE-DUHN!” some girl shrieked, jumping on the younger version of me and making them both topple to the ground. They laughed in glee at the joyfulness of it all, and got up, patting the dirt off of their clothes. “Brae, you’re supposed to push me on the swings,” she said seriously.

He nodded eagerly, grinned broadly and replied, “Only if you push me after.”

They made a pinky promise and ran off, having fun with the swings.

It was just mother and I that were in the area; everyone else was too far away to hear or see anything important. Slowly, I walked to her, my breath shallow as I tried to think of what to say. The grass bent under my feet, feeling as if they were trying to force me away from her. But, I knew that I had to talk to her. I had to see her face one more time.

Just as I was about to touch her shoulder, she said, “No.” I flinched, trying to figure out how she knew I was behind her. “Don’t touch me.”

“Why? I missed you, Mom,” I pleaded, still not daring to touch her.

She still faced forward, intent on watching young-me and the girl. “Because if you do, you’ll never go back.”

“Back where?”

“Back to the real world where you belong, sweetie. You need to live life in reality, not in this dream world.”

“But I want to be with you!”
“NO! James needs you, honey.”

I paused for a second, taking in her words. “…James?”

“Yes….see? Look over there.” She pointed to where “I” was playing with the girl, and I watched.

They were building a sand castle in the sandbox when a little boy shyly walked up to them. His raven-black hair was scraggly, barely covering his wide eyes as he debated what he should say. “Uhm…hi…” he whispered.

“Hi!” Mini-me replied, standing up to greet the boy. The little boy looked strangely familiar. I knew him, I just didn’t know from where. “I’m Braedon!”

“…James…”

That’s when it hit me: the best day of my life was also when I met my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Please comment! I'll update more later this week. :)))