Status: In Progress. Comment? :D

Sunflowers and Tulips

Chapter Seven

James' POV

I sat on a chair in the waiting room, furious beyond belief. He’s my best friend; I should be able to see him. But, the idiots who run this place won’t even let me go to the door without surrounding me and herding me back to my seat. They tell me that it’s just precautionary measure. Just in case he decides to wake up and he’s in pain. Screw them. I want to see him really badly, and they’re not gonna stop me.

My face scrunched up and I leaned forward a little bit, trying to think about how I could get into his room. The doctors came by only a few minutes ago, telling me that I can’t go back in there until they’re sure he’s not gonna wake up again for a while. Of course, I cried for a little bit, but that’s beside the point. I already know that if Braedon and I got into a relationship, I would be the girl. Which is really weird because I’m larger (in many ways) than Braedon, but whatever. I guess it’s just the attitude, or maybe we’re just putting on masks. Whatever.

Finally, I stood up, shaking the thoughts out of my head and walking down the hallway to the concessions. The guy nurses watched me like hawks; the girls wouldn’t dare come near me since I nearly punched one in the face earlier. Even though the concessions/cafeteria was in the opposite direction from Braedon’s room, I knew exactly what I was going to do.

I made myself get tears in my eyes (which wasn’t too hard considering) and got my food, pretending to cry. Making sure I got a seat by myself, I sat. Now, the only thing to do was look even more pitiful than I already did, which, again, wasn’t too hard.

In an instant, an older woman sat by me, rubbing my back in smooth circles and whispering comforting words to be. Of course, the fake tears turned into real tears, so I was bawling my eyes out, choking on my own air. Then, all sorts of women swarmed me, asking me what was wrong. All I managed to make out was, “Best…friend…love…” Naturally, women speak Crying-Your-Fucking-Eyes-Out, and managed to translate that into: “He loves his best guy friend who is in the hospital and is in critical condition.” Damn…those women are good.

They all tried to pull me up off of my ass, but since I was much bigger and taller than them, it was difficult. All of them were panting within ten seconds, and gave up, standing there and looking at me. Then, one of the older ladies came up to me, looked me right in the eye, and slapped me in the face. But oh, no! That wasn’t enough for her. She, then, pulled on my ear and said, “Stop moping about. You have a boy in there that needs your attention and love right now and all you’re doing is sitting there like a damn rock!? Shame on you! Get off of your lazy bum and demand to see him!”

I sat there for a few seconds, letting what she said sink into my skull. The pieces of my jumbled mind were coming together. It was like one of those picture puzzles, and after all the thoughts got into their rightful position, I looked at the big picture and all I saw was Braedon’s face. His dazzling face that made my stomach flip every time I thought about it. I knew what I had to do: I had to get in that room.

A new look of determination planted itself on my face and I stood up, pushing past all the women and walking to the waiting room. The room itself was completely white minus the plant decorations and the chairs; they really needed to get an interior designer in here. But that’s beside the point! I looked around and saw Daniel’s hunched over form in one of the armchairs. A wave of sadness swept over me; what kind of a hospital would keep a father from his son? A cruel one, that’s what.

So, I did the thing only an insane, distraught teenager would do in a time like this. I went insane.

My foot collided with a chair as I screamed something unintelligible and it flew across the room, clattering against another line of chairs. Everyone jumped up at the shock, shouting in protest. I picked up and threw everything I could get a hold of, but I made sure I didn’t hit anyone; I was insane, but I knew how to control myself when it came to that. The people around me were terrified, screaming in terror at my rage. I don’t know why I was acting like this. I just needed to do it really badly; I couldn’t help myself.

A male nurse tackled me to the ground and I wrestled with him, growling and screaming my head off.

Suddenly, my body gave up. I laid there limp, just panting for a second, then the tears came and they never stopped. I hiccupped and shuddered, whispering to myself and rocking back and forth on the ground.

Daniel rushed to my side and held me, asking me what was wrong.

All I could make out was, “I..want…Brae,” before I passed out in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, guys. I'm sorry about the short chapters, but I've been updating more often. I've been forcing myself to put out chapters, so I'm not really happy with this one, but oh well. I know that this is getting kind of out of hand, but I'll straighten up soon, don't worry.

Please comment with your critiques/ideas? I honestly need the inspiration.

Oh, and here's a shout-out to starrsublime, or Morgan. I love ya, girlie! :D