Operation Undercover Friendship

Chapter 10

Joel slowly cowered away from the butt of Jimmy's gun, half-raising his arms in surrender, not wanting sure if he was ready to give up just yet. His eyes darted back and forth between Jimmy and Matt before settling on the window. Jimmy's gaze followed Joel's and he smirked.

"Looking for little Benji-Wenji?"

Joel frowned, "what's it to ya?"

Jimmy laughed. "You know, you're right, I really couldn't care less about him; you're the smarter of the two anyway."

Joel growled, lurching forward. Jimmy moved the gun in front of him, pressing it firmly into Joel's chest. He took a step backward and Jimmy stepped forward, pushing the older man backward, carefully shoving him up against the wall. The drummer quickly looked over his shoulder, getting Matt's attention.

"Untie Christ, would you?"

Matt nodded, moving smoothly over to the youngest of the three men. He cautiously unravelled the ropes binding his friend, letting them drop to the floor. He reached out to grasp the tape covering Johnny's mouth but the bassist began to protest, shaking his head and gently pushing the vocalist away. Matt laughed huskily, watching amused as the smaller man slowly peeled the tape from his mouth.

"You are such a pussy, Christ."

"Shut up, fucker. You're not the one who was just bound and gagged."

"You're right. I'm way too strong to be fucked with. That's the difference between you and me." Matt countered, simultaneously ruffling Johnny's mohawk.

"I hate ruin your little moment, guys. But we have bigger fish to fry." Jimmy spoke sarcastically.

Matt rolled his eyes and walked over to the flustered drummer, Johnny following behind the hulking front man, ropes in hand as he walked. Matt smiled gratefully at his friend as he took the ropes from his outstretched hands. He hastily pushed Joel down into a crouched position, securing his arms and feet as he wrapped the ropes around the older man's body, ensuring that there was no possible way he could pull a Houdini and escape. Matt was in no mood for a free magic show.

Matt stood, brushing off the knees of his jeans as he did so. He scowled down at the older man, feeling a sense of hatred toward him. Up until now, he hadn't put much thought into the whereabouts of his other two friends. He couldn't silence the constant questions as they sped through his thoughts. What if they hadn't made it out alive? What if Benji had somehow gotten to them, tricking Zacky into some kind of fatal trap? Maybe the guitarist was sitting on the floor of some abandoned warehouse in only God knows where, finding himself in the same position as Joel was? Matt groaned, he needed answers and he need them now; no one messed with his partners and lived to tell the tale.

"Jimmy, I'm going to go look for Syn and Zacky, keep on eye on our little friend here, would you?"

"Sure thing, but I'm keeping the gun."

Matt groaned, "fine."

Matt made his way out of the room, descending the spiral staircase, two steps at a time. He rushed out into the backyard, carefully surveying the area. The vocalist pursed his lips in thought when he'd realized that the yard was desserted. He couldn't blame his guests for leaving though; had he been in their position he would've high tailed it out of there as well; no one wants to stick around when a real-life action scene presents itself.

Stepping back into the house, Matt felt a pang of worry course through his veins. He trusted Brian's ability to keep himself out of harm's way but Zacky never had the same instincts as the others. His knowledge of just about everything was astounding but his self-defence and cunning were sorely lacking. Before he could sit down and weigh the good against the bad, a gunshot rang throughout the house...