Operation Undercover Friendship

Chapter 8

It was finally the day of the big party. The music was cranked up to a decible that wasn't considered appropriate for a backyard party, the alcohol was out and flowing heavily all over the place. Shadows was standing with the guys, an ice cold beer in one hand and a small smirk on his face. He took a look around the yard, the hot California sun beating down upon everyone, the water in the pool glistening under the intense rays. The air was filled with a peaceful chatter. So far everything was going right according to plan. The Madden brothers were lounging by the pool, dark sunglasses adorning their faces, they seemed laid back and relaxed, unsuspecting of anything.

Shadows stood from his seat and told the guys he'd be right back. He slowly made his way over to the Madden brothers, noting that the stockier twin was actually sleeping. He smirked at Joel, "what do you say to giving good ol' Benj a refreshing dip?"

Joel pushed his sunglasses down the bridge of his nose, making quick eye contact with the younger vocalist before grinning. "I like the way you think."

Joel stood up from the lounge chair, pulling it out of the way so that his chair stayed dry. He grasped one side of Benji's lounge chair while Matt joined him on the opposite side. The two silently watched each other, counting down from three. Whe they were out of numbers to call, the two vocalists heaved the sleeping guitarist into the deep end of the pool. A shriek split through the atmosphere as Benji went under the waves, surfacing a short moment later, sputtering as he did so.

Benji swam over to the side of the pool, looking up at the two vocalists. "What was that for, assholes!?"

Shadows and Joel exchanged looks before shrugging, "you fell asleep at a party that is being thrown in our honour, dude. Who does that?"

Benji scratched the back of his neck, a light bluch dusting his cheeks, "sorry Shadows, I didn't sleep too well last night. Someone was making too much noise."

Joel smirked, "you're just jealous cause you didn't get any."

Benji stuck out his tongue, "didn't get any what, STD's Joel? No, I didn't get any of those. Unfortunately for you, I think it's too late."

Joel's smirk slipped of of his face, "yeah well... Your mom!"

"Your mom is my mom, douche bag."

Joel shrugged, "it's all I could come up with on such short notice?"

Shadows laughed at the two brothers, "so, guys. How are you enjoying California?"

Benji smiled, "warm weather and hot chicks wearing bikinis. How could a guy not enjoy that?"

Shadows gave Benji a quick high five, noticing that the rest of his band mates had made their way over to the side of the pool, everyone except for Johnny that is, the lawn gnome was nowhere to be found. Shadows cocked an eyebrow in confusion; it wasn't like Johnny to miss a party. He goes where the beer goes. Shadows leaned into Jimmy's ear, speaking to him in a hushed tone.

"Have you seen Johnny anywhere, man?"

Rev looked around the yard, brows furrowed in thought, "now that you mention it... I haven't seen him since the party started a couple hours ago."

Shadows shrugged figuring Johnny was either passed out in a corner somewhere like usual, or he had lucked out and was currently getting some ass back in the house. When he looked back over to where the Madden twins were, he noticed that Joel had disappeared. Benji was currently having an animated conversation with Synyster about guitars. Shadows grabbed Rev's arm and pulled him into the house, excusing himself as they left.

"Where are we going?" Rev questioned.

"Don't you find it a bit weird that Johnny's been gone for over two hours? Then all of a sudden Joel is missing as well? Something is wrong, man. I can feel it."

"Oh no, Matt's spidey-senses are tinngling!" Rev gasped.

"I'm being serious here man. I'm going to see if Johnny's in his room."

Rev nodded, "okay, I'll check the bathrooms I guess..."

Shadows walked up the stairs and down to the end of the hallway where Johnny's bedroom was. The door was open a crack which was definitely strange since Johnny insisted that door be closed at all times.
Shadows pushed the thought out of his mind and knocked lightly on the slightly ajar door. He heard a muffled sound and pushed the door open, stepping into the room. He heard the door slam behind him and came face to face with Joel. He heard the muffled sound again and his eyes shot to the corner of the room. Johnny was tied to a chair in the corner of the room, a piece of duct tape sealed over his mouth.

"Hello, Matthew." Joel smirked. "Wanna play a game?"

Matt backed up against the wall as Joel slowly approached him, a gun held firmly in his right hand. Matt could hear heavy footsteps approaching Johnny's bedroom and hoped that it was someone who was coming to help him. He heard the person trying to open the door but the lock was preventing them from entering.

"Matt, are you in there man? I can't find Johnny anywhere." Jimmy called.

Joel chuckled, "that's because he's in here with us."

Matt shook his head in disbelief, how could this have happened? "Jimmy, go get help!"

"Shut up, Matthew!" Joel shot a warning bullet into the wall right beside Matt's head.

Matt could hear Jimmy cursing outside the door before he ran down the stairs and out into the back yard. Joel smirked, watching as Matt squirmed at the site of the bullet in the wall behind him.

"If Benji and the guys have done their job correctly, your friends won't be able to help you Officer Sanders.