Status: I hope you enjoy it.

A Christmas to Remember

A Christmas to Remember

She sat all alone, silence her only companion, the Christmas tree was decorated, the glow of the lights reflecting in her tear filled eyes. She was hoping he would be here with her on Christmas Eve, holding her while they watched random sappy movies and relaxed in each other’s arms. She knew he wasn't in the mood to celebrate Christmas. She understood that he lost his best friend last year in this very month. She knows because she lost him to, but still she wanted to have a joyful Christmas not for him or for her but for the baby that was growing inside of her. There was lots of sorrow throughout her pregnancy that she couldn't help wanting a little happiness.

A tear slipped as her eyes scanned the many pictures of him, the both of them and their friends. She missed him, the old him, the one with the warm brown eyes that always held a sparkle, his smile and his joking ways. She simply missed all of him. Another tear escaped her eye followed by more. He lost himself after Jimmy passed away. He wasn't the same person.

It's been a long time since the last time she'd seen him smile. The last time he smiled was the day she told him she was pregnant. It was June when she found out she was two months pregnant and the end of June she'll be three months. She was happy as she walked through the door. Her smile widened at the sight of him. She ran into his arms planting her lips on his. He pulled away; "Why so happy, Selena?" he asked her.

She looked at him grinning. “Bri, you're going to be a dad" she said while her eyes scanned his face for his reaction. His lips twitched until a big smile appeared on his sweet lips. He took her in his strong arms lifting her up and spinning her around as joyful laughter invaded the whole room. That one moment she'd seen the old Brian back, his eyes their warm brown and that sparkle that seem to be hiding now. She smiled at the memory as she stood up from the couch a yawn escaping her lips. She was tired.

Her eyes landed on the clock hanging above the fire place. It was midnight "Merry Christmas," she whispered to herself as she went upstairs to their bedroom she laid on their cold bed wanting him here, wondering where he was, and wondering if he was okay.

Brian P.O.V:

He laid next to his best friend’s grave as he looked up at the dark sky. He looked at the time seeing it was already midnight. He pulled out a single black rose setting it on his friend’s grave and looked up at the sky; "Merry Christmas, Jimmy" he whispered to him as tears began to run down his face. He really missed him. He wasn't only his best friend, he was his brother and fuck he loves him. He was about to lay back down next to him, but he heard a faint whisper. It was like the wind was saying something.

He blocked all the other sounds and concentrated on the wind. "Bri, Selena needs you. Go to her," said a voice that sounded much like Jimmy's, but he thought he was just going insane. He laid down and closed his eyes, but the wind only grew harder. "Fuck, Brian Elwin Haner Jr. listen to me god damn it!" said the voice once again, more like screamed. His eyes snapped open to find a shimmering figure standing in front of him, a tall shimmering figure that looked a lot like Jimmy.

He rubbed his eyes and shook his head thinking he was definitely going insane. He looked at the face of the figure finding familiar blue eyes staring back at him. "What the fuck" he whispered eyes wide.

The figure rolled his eyes seeing his best friend’s expression. "Look here Bri, it's me, it’s fucking Jimmy. I don't have much time, so this is what I want you to do. I want you to get your mopey ass off the ground and go home. I'm gone. I'm not coming back. I know you miss me and I miss you to, but you have this wonderful girl waiting for you at home. Go to her she needs you more than I need you. Don't let her down Bri, not tonight, not ever." Jimmy said as he faded away.

Brian was still in shock but he managed to get off the ground and walk towards his car. "Merry Christmas my friend,” he heard Jimmy say then the wind calmed down. He climbed inside and drove home in a daze. He still thought he imagined all of that, but something told him it was real. He arrived to a dark house, the only light that shined came from the Christmas tree that was next to the window.

He opened the door and closed it behind him and walked quietly upstairs. As he neared the door he heard moaning, not from pleasure but from pain. It was Selena. He quickly opened the door finding her curled in a ball on their bed. He ran towards her getting on the bed beside her. "Babe, what wrong?" he asked worry evident in his voice.

Her eyes fell on his face. "The baby, bri, the baby is coming. It hurts so much" she said while taking a deep breath.

His eyes widen. "What should I do?" he asked panicking.

"Calm down, Bri. Just call the doctor and tell him to meet us at the hospital" she said calmly. He nodded. He picked up the phone and dialed the doctor’s number and after what seemed like forever he finally picked up.

"Hel.... he was cut off by Brian's frantic voice." Doc, my wife is in labor can you meet us at the hospital?" he asked.

"Can you give me the patience name?" the doctor asked calmly.

"Selena Jade Haner" he said hurriedly.

"Yes, Ms. Haner. I'll meet you there. Hurry." the doctor said hanging up on Brian.

He ran upstairs and grabbed her suite case. He walked toward the bed and picked her up. She looked up at him her face contorted in pain as she took deep breaths. He walked as fast as possible and soon he had her buckled up in the passenger seat and her suite case in the back seat. Moments later he was speeding to get to the hospital as he didn't want her to get their baby in the car. He wouldn't know what to do. They arrived moments later. He called for a nurse they helped him, one carrying her bag and the other bringing a wheel chair. He ran behind the nurse as she led them to a room. He helped her out of the wheel chair on to the hospital bed. The nurse called for the doctor, really sending a message saying that they were here. The nurse came back and spread her legs wide, her gloved hand disappearing between his wife's legs.

Just then the doctor appeared. She's fully open the nurse said while moving out of the doctor’s way. He held her hand while still stretching his body for him to see what was happening down there. His eyes winded when he saw how wide she was. He felt kind of sick but he sucked it up. He looked at his wife. She looked lovely even though her face was red as she pushed. The doctor chanting her on, he passed his fingers through her hair, moving closer to her, planting a kiss above her temple.

He moved again curiosity hitting him again. He looked once again between her legs just as the doctor said. "Push harder Selena, just one more push and your baby will be born." His eyes were glued to the scene in front of him. Seeing how his baby was being brought into this world made him smile, his eyes becoming warm and the sparkle that once was hidden appeared out of nowhere.

The cry of his baby brought him back. "It's a boy," the doctor said handing the baby to Him. His eyes scanned the little boy seeing if he was okay. His eyes moved to his wife, a huge smile was plastered on his lips. Her blue eyes were shinning at the sight of Brian and her little bundle. She wanted to hold him to. She stretched her arms indicating that she wanted to hold him. The nurse took the little boy from his father. The doctor was close behind her placing scissors in his hand.

"Do you want to cut the umbilical cord?" The doctor asked while motioning him toward it.
He nodded and the doctor placed the scissors where it was supposed to get cut, as he got the cord. He handed the scissors back to the doctor and went to stand beside his wife.

She looked up at him. "Brian meet James Brian Haner" she said smiling at him. He smiled back moving closer to her letting his lips brush lightly on hers.

"Merry Christmas, Selena" he said his warm brown eyes locking with her gentle blue ones.

"Merry Christmas, Bri" she said smiling seeing her Brian back. The old Brian was back.

Some hours later.

He sat on a chair next to his wife's hospital bed. Seeing how she held their baby boy in her arms. His heart filled with joy. He had his own family. As his thoughts went wild he realized that this Christmas will be with him forever. This is a Christmas to remember
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed it. Comments are loved.^_^