What If The One That Got away Came Back

Dinner and dancing.. Is that called a date

Cameron P.O.V
I played with the straw that was in my lemonade. As the light bulb swung back and forth over the cafe's small square table.
"I see you still have a love for lemonade." Sam said winking at me
"I guess I do," I replied confused "And I see you still have a love for sneaking up on people!"
"yeah I'm sorry about that...." He laughed
"So, tell me what brings you back here."
"To be honest... My life." he said "I missed it and I missed you."
"Thats really sweet. But you are full of shit!"
"We all have stories we will never tell" he said sadly "It sucks you know. Everything is perfect then all of the sudden it all just crashes again."
"I'm not gonna be the person who sits around and tells you how sorry I am for you.. because I have no idea what happened."
"I don't expect that, but i told you my dad left my mother and me." He tried explaining
"Right because, I totally understand....Not!" I know I was being harsh butIi had a reason to be pissed and confused.
"Well do you remember when you were 10.. and the world wasn't a bad place? Everyone was happy.. I was happy?"
I nodded
"Well shortly after that. things began to fall apart, and I had to go live with my grandparents in North Carolina."
"What fell apart?"
"Like I said.. Some people have stories that they will never tell" He smirked at me. "Now you! What about you?" He said changing the subject.
"Me?" I laughed "Well I'm not quite the girl i used to be. I question everything and everyone. I don't believe their words. I am a cynical bitch. No-one will come near me anymore."
"Well I have an idea." He smiled "Take my hand." he said standing up and leading me out the door and into the street. We ran all the way down the block to the first record store on the corner. He walked me inside. The song Marry You by Bruno Mars came blaring out of the speakers.
"Care to dance?" He asked me
I followed him to the center of the room. He twirled me in a quick circle and into his arms. My strapless white sun dress flowed as I spun in circles, and my black converse squeaked against the wooden dance floor. We laughed and enjoyed the few songs that played. For the first time I was happy and having fun. And not just faking a smile and acting strong. I guess sooner or later I will have to move on and forget.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment