Sequel: Lines Are Crossed
Status: Completed. Check out the Sequel ➔

It Takes More

Five; I feel stuck, watching history repeating.

When we finally made in home in the wee hours of Sunday morning after a night full of drinking and dancing, I locked myself in my bedroom. That’s where I still sat at five p.m. I couldn’t bring myself to even get up for a glass of water. As far as I was concerned, I had everything I needed here in my small bedroom.

Marla had attempted to come into my room through our adjoining bathroom, but I soon locked that door as well. I wasn’t up to talking to anyone; I wanted to just lie in bed all day denying the fact that I had seen him for the first time in three years.

I was lost in my self-pitiful thoughts when I heard a load knock on the door. “Elena. What the hell is wrong with you? Open this door.” It was the tenth or so time that Jack had tried to get me to let him in. His voice started out sympathetic and pleading, but now it was demanding and a bit angry. I didn’t answer. I didn’t have to; Jack knew I wouldn’t.

“Elena, come on. Talk to me, preferably before Asher breaks down the door. We’re all worried about you,” Marla’s voice rang through.

I hadn’t even thought about Asher all day. I had no idea he had even come over. Glancing at my cell phone, I noticed that I had a slew of missed calls from him as well as a few of my friends. I sighed, getting up from my bed, the comforter wrapped around my shoulders, and unlocked my door.

I hesitantly cracked it open to see Asher, Jack and Marla standing in the hall. At the creak of my door hinges, all eyes snapped to mine before they rushed towards me. I stopped them before they got too far. “Marla only please.”

The boys both looked slightly hurt, but nodded as Marla slipped into my room, shutting the door behind her. “So, are you going to tell me why you’re holed up in your room?”

I walked back to my bed, taking a seat against my headboard as I gathered my thoughts. “I saw him,” I admitted, immediately looking down at my hands in my lap.

“Saw who?” She hurriedly followed my actions, taking a seat across from me and took my hand in hers. When I looked back up, meeting her eyes, she gasped. “Alex?” Her voice was full of shock and disbelief as she read my face and my emotions.

I simply nodded as I let a tear fall down my cheek before collapsing in her arms. Marla wrapped her arms around my back, comforting me as I sobbed into her shoulder.

Eventually, after allowing my eyes to dry up and taking a long steam-filled shower to ride my body of the visible signs of my hurt, I left the confines of my small bedroom to face the worried bodies waiting not so patiently in the living room. Upon making my presence known by clearing my throat gently, I was greeted by hugs.

Asher was the first to reach me, enveloping me in a secure bear hug, my face nestling into his shoulder where I could smell his distinct scent of aftershave and musk. Second was Jack. He pulled me into a tentative hug, his lips at my ear.

“What was that all about?” he questioned in a whisper that only I could hear. Pulling away, I simply shook my head, not ready to talk to anyone yet. Marla was under strict orders not to say a word as to the reason I had been, and still was, upset. And I certainly wasn’t ready to tell my boyfriend that I was unhappy because the man at the bar last night was my ex, of whom he knew nothing about.

I planned on keeping it that way for a very long time, possibly forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it seemed like I was ignoring this story for a bit. I wasn't. I'm getting pretty deep into writing it, just wanted to delve out some details in future chapters before posting this.
Also, sorry it's a tad on the short side, but the next chapter will be longer, with a new face and special guest. So, look out for that.

If you haven't already, you should check out Fight.Kat.Fight!'s story My Escapade! And Trashed.Scattered's story Remembering Sunday. They are both good reads. :D

Lastly, my shameless self-whoring. I just finished a one-shot, which is actually a sequel to another one-shot that I wrote a little while back. They are both John O'Callaghan fics, and you should definately take a look. If you want. Please? ;) I Hate Missing You. (part one) & Mockingbird. (part two)

As always, thank you all for reading. It means a lot when I see the reader/subscriber numbers increase. I'm surprised so many people are interested in the fantasy worlds in my head. :P
I'll stop now. I think this author's note is longer than the chapter. Whoops!