Status: Donee(:

Thanksgiving Dinner

One of One.

I sit here, at the kitchen table surrounded by the appetizing aroma filling the entire house. Keys hanging off the beautiful light fixture above the kitchen table, where all the "children" sit.
We wait quietly, but excitedly for the food to be done. How long will it take? 10 more minutes? 1 minute? Hopefully so. We hear the adults laugh and make inappropriate jokes, but we don't care, we're all old enough to not care about that anymore. As the turkey falls on to the table the children sigh in relief, not needing to be quiet any longer. As the food makes its way around the dining room table it slowly makes its way back in to the kitchen, where the boys just devour as quickly as possibly. There's only 5 of us "kids", but it doesn't take much for all of us to get in to hysterics. The adults shushes grew louder than our laughs. We gobble up our food, so we can just relax. As I help clean up the tables with me Grammee and Mom, th males and my aunt hurry outside before it's dark. They push, and the push the cars up on a hill, so the cars will be safe for winter, of course. When they come back inside, the table is clean. We gather together before Poppy leaves for work to take at least 10 family photos, and now dessert. There's brownies, and cake with ice cream and pie. Then we go to sit and watch a movie. Poppy soon leaves for he still has to work. We finish watching the movie and start packing things up, almost time to go. We'd stay longer if we could but we have to get home and rest, for tomorrow is Black Friday, and this year we're all going out. I sit here, in the dining room smelling all the leftover scents of the things we ate hours before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone(:
Comments would be delightful