Status: feedback people? comments, messages anything..just tell me what you think! I'm not sure if I should finish it up or add some more drama! So please, comment or something... Thx Ciiica

Love Between Lines

Chapter 12 - The bet

You sat in the carriage to Hogsmead. Rachel and G were so happy to go shopping again, but you were dead tired. Last night you and Draco finished your work first but still you didn’t get much sleep because Rachel and G came to wake you up two hours before you left for Hogsmead. You leaned your head against the window. The carriage was quite crowded. Rachel and G made all the boys come with you because they needed your help and definitely a new tux.
When your group entered the little shop you lead them to it was full. But you didn’t mind too much. You ignored everyone except Rachel, G and occasionally Draco. You went through the racks trying to find something beautiful. Rachel’s already found her dress and was helping G in finding hers. Draco came towards you showing you a very short green dress.
“Oh come on, Malfoy, you don’t actually think I’ll wear that...”
“And why not? Just try it on,” he said smirking.
“If I try it on, Malfoy, I won’t give you anything else for Christmas,” you warned.
“If I buy them for you and you’ll wear them tomorrow, I won’t have to give me anything for Christmas,” he suggested.
“I’ll wear them if you buy them for me, you buy me another dress for your mother’s Christmas party and I won’t have to give you a Christmas present,” you said knowing he probably won’t agree with this.
“Alright,” he said holding the dress.
“What?” you asked looking at him wide eyed.
“I said alright. So just choose the other dress, Jacobs and we are done here,” he said sitting down on the sofa watching you.
“Ok, Malfoy, I’ll wear them if you buy me this Valentino dress,” you said taking the dress you saw before but thought they were too expensive for school ball.
“It’s your choice, Jacobs,” he said eyeing the dress.
“Really, I can have them?” you asked. Your face suddenly lit up, this was the most beautiful dress in the world.
“Yeah, so just try them on so we can escape this place,” Draco said pushing the dress into your hand and shutting the changing room curtain behind you. You tried them both on and they fitted perfectly. You were sort of disappointed because you hoped that the short green dress wouldn’t fit but they did. You changed back into your normal clothes and headed to the cash desk.
“Katie,” somebody called after you. You spun around and found James holding two hangers with two different tuxes.
“Which one?” he asked. You looked at them.
“The black one,” you said turning back around.
“Wait, Kate,” he said grabbing your hand and spinning you around.
“Will you go to the ball with me?” he asked looking straight at you. You smiled a little.
“I can’t see why not,” you said.
“Is that a yes?” he asked.
“Yes,” you said heading over to Draco and giving him the dresses. He paid for them and left the shop with you carrying the bags. Not that he didn’t offer to take them, but you wanted to have the Valentino dress with you and never let it go.
“So, you’re flying solo tomorrow?” Draco asked you.
“Of course not,” you said smirking up at him.
“What?” he asked looking at you. “I mean. Who are you going with?” he asked.
“James,” you replied casually.
“James being James Martin?” he asked.
“Yeah, do we know another James?” you asked.
“You’re going with Martin to the ball?” he asked again.
“Do you have a problem with your hearing, Malfoy? I said I’m going to the ball with James.”
“And to the Christmas party? I hope you haven’t forgotten that you’re going with me to my mother’s party...”
“I didn’t, Malfoy. Don’t worry, you are in the row. Who are you going to the school ball anyway? Don’t tell me that Draco Malfoy’s going alone...”
“Of course not, don’t be an idiot, Jacobs. I’m going with Parkinson...”
“Well have fun,” you said as you headed towards the carriages.
“You’re leaving already?” Draco asked you.
“Yeah, I’m tired and I want to get some sleep before the ball tomorrow...”
“So you’ll sleep whole afternoon?” he asked.
“Yeah, probably. See you tomorrow, Malfoy,” you said and sat down in the carriage which immediately started moving toward Hogwarts.
You woke up in the middle of the night. You slept through whole afternoon and the evening as well. You just laid in your bed thinking about the upcoming balls. You couldn’t help to feel a bit disappointed that you weren’t going with Draco to the school ball. You were looking forward to going with James but you were already thinking more about the Christmas party at the Malfoys which you were going to attend with Draco by your side. After deciding on shoes make-up and hair style you still couldn’t fall asleep. You turned around and looked at Draco. He was peacefully sleeping in the bed next to yours. Watching him you fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short...the ball's the next chapter