Status: feedback people? comments, messages anything..just tell me what you think! I'm not sure if I should finish it up or add some more drama! So please, comment or something... Thx Ciiica

Love Between Lines

Chapter 16 - New Years Eve

It had been almost a week since you and Draco got a little too friendly at his mother’s Christmas party. Draco stayed at his Manor so you didn’t see each other as often as before. However you went on a few dates with him and you always had great time. You weren’t really sure if you were ready to be in a relationship with Draco. All your previous relationships were fiascos; you never really loved those guys. You didn’t exactly love Draco, you really liked him but you were afraid to love someone. It’d be too easy to break you if you did. And Draco wasn’t the person you could really trust with your heart. You wanted to but something deep inside told you not to.
Today was the New Year’s Eve party held by Miles Bletchley. Miles’s already graduated but he still held New Year’s Eve party for all the Slytherins. It was two hours before Draco’d come to take you there. You took a long bath, styled your hair, did your make-up and soon you had only half an hour to pick your outfit. You stood in your closet with a towel wrapped around your body when you heard a knock on the door.
“Come in,” you yelled tightening your grip on the towel. Draco opened the door wearing black pants with black leather belt and dark green shirt with two top buttons unbuttoned. You looked him up and down and smirked.
“You look good,” you said turning back to your clothes trying to find something for that night.
“So do you,” Draco said coming behind you, placing his hands on your hips. You slapped his hands away.
“Let me get dressed, Draco,” you said turning around, pecking his lips. However Draco didn’t let you get away so easily. He wrapped his arms around your waist and bent his head down to kiss your neck.
“Draco,” you moaned softly. “I need to get dressed,” you said running your hand up and down his side.
“Let me help you then,” Draco said keeping one hand wrapped around you, looking through your dresses.
“This one,” Draco said handing you very short dress.
“Alright,” you said grabbing the dress, black heels, black lacy strapless bra and black lacy underwear. You put it all on while Draco watched you.
“I’m looking forward to taking it all off tonight,” Draco said smirking and grabbing your hand leading you to the hall. You walked to the gate of your grounds and apparated to Bletchley Manor.
Many people were already there. Draco and you came elegantly late. Miles welcomed you at the door.
“Hey, mate,” he greeted Draco who nodded in his direction. Then Miles looked at you.
“Wow, Kate, you look great. Have fun you two!” he called after you.
Draco led you straight to the dance floor and you two danced for a few songs before you went to join your friends at the bar. To your surprise Blaise sat next to Rachel and had his arm wrapped around her waist. You winked at her when she turned around and sat next to Draco.
As the night went on Draco kept on buying you drinks and you by eleven o’clock you were already really drunk. After two more drinks Draco led you to the dance floor. Fast song was on so Draco grabbed your hips and guided them with his. Soon your head was spinning so bad you had to sit down. Draco helped you sit down and went to get another drink. You sat there looking at the light on the dance floor and that only made you dizzier. You closed your eyes and almost fell out of the chair, however somebody caught you. You looked up to see Blaise.
“Thanks,” you said smiling as he sat next to you.
“Where’s Draco?” he asked looking around. You looked around as well.
“No idea. Where’s Rachel?” you asked back.
“Dancing with some guy,” he said looking down. You snickered at this.
“You’re jealous,” you told him winking. He looked at you and smirked. You’ve never seen him smirking before.
“I’m drunk,” he said placing a hand on your knee.
“So am I,” you said leaning toward him running your hand up his knee. Your mind screamed at you not to do it but somehow you couldn’t stop yourself.
“Wanna dance?” Blaise asked you holding your hand and standing up.
“Alright,” you said and stood up as well. Blaise led you to the dance floor and put his hands on your lips while you put yours around his neck. Soon Blaise moved his hands lower. You didn’t exactly like it but you didn’t feel like moving his hand just yet. But when he moved his hand to the bottom of your dress you threw his hand off and stepped away from him. You shook your head turning around. Your heart stopped at what you saw.
Draco stood few feet away from you staring at you and Blaise. Your eyes widened and you run towards him. He just shook his head.
“Draco,” you said softly. Suddenly you didn’t feel drunk at all. You were absolutely concentrated on the situation.
The moment you turned around you knew you were going to lose Draco. You never knew it would hurt so much to loose someone you were with only for a few days. You realized that what you felt for Draco didn’t start on Christmas Eve but was there for a long time. You weren’t sure what the feeling was but you knew it was more than just liking someone...
But it didn’t matter anymore. Whatever there was, it was gone. Whatever you and Draco could have was gone, you screwed it all up.
You walked closer to him, with one arm outstretched. He didn’t take your hand he just coldly looked at it and then at you.
“Mother owled me to tell us we were supposed to be home before midnight,” Draco said grabbing your arm and pushing you out of the room.
“Draco, can we talk?” you asked, desperately wanting to sort this out.
“There’s nothing to talk about,” Draco said coldly and disapparated. You sighed and followed him. You reappeared in his room. He stood in front of his bed waiting for you.
“You have the room across from mine,” he said pointing to the door. There was something about his cold tone that almost scared you.
“Draco you have to understand,” you said wanting to explain yourself.
“I know what I saw,” he said not wanting to listen to what you had to say. “And if you think I’m not going to tell Rachel then you are wrong. I knew you were a bi#tch but I never even dreamed of you being such a stupid wh@re!”
You bit your lip to stop yourself from crying. You thought Draco was absolutely unreasonable. He got your drunk and after all it was Blaise who came onto you and you pushed him away. Not at once, but you did!
You gave Draco one last hurt look and left his room. You walked into the room opposite Draco’s. You didn’t even bother to look around. You threw yourself on the bed and began crying. It was so unfair and it wasn’t even your fault. It was all Blaise! And Draco was guilty as well; he got you drunk after all and then just disappeared. Blaise was supposed to just keep you company not screw up your first relationship that could last.
After long hours of crying you finally fell asleep. You had no idea that you cried though midnight, all the fireworks, kisses and champagne.

Draco Malfoy was lying on the floor. His clothes were torn. He was bleeding. Death-Eaters stood around him. And in the middle with him stood the most feared person in wizarding history – The Dark Lord himself.
He pointed his wand at Draco and screamed: "Crucio!"
Draco was rolling on the floor screaming. You couldn't stand it. You wanted him to stop. You wanted to help Draco.
Two Death-Eaters held onto you. Made you watch the terrible things that were happening right in front of you. Tears were streaming down your face. You tried to look away. You just closed your eyes and let the tears fall.
"Look at him! See. This is because of you! If it weren't for you everything would be alright! You have one last chance, join me and he won't die!"
"Don't listen to him, Kat. Don't listen to him!" Draco said breathlessly.
"I...I..." you had no idea what to do. But then you looked at Draco. Suddenly you knew what to do. You couldn't let him die. You loved him.
"Don't do it, Kat. Don't."
"There's no other way, Drake," you said softly. Then you turned your head to The Dark Lord.
"I will join you," you said firmly.
The Dark Lord let out a laugh. He pointed his wand at Draco and he almost whispered two words that break your heart. His words echoed in the hall you stood in.
"Avada Kedavra!"
Draco's lifeless body fell on the floor with a thud.
"Too late," Dark Lord said.
You were in hysterics; you couldn't believe what just happened. And suddenly you woke up.

You sat up in bed wide awake. You looked around and forgetting about all the things that happened that night you ran into Draco’s room. You opened the door and stopped in the doorway. Draco was lying in bed with some brunette. You could see her bare shoulder so you assumed she was naked. Draco laid behind her with his arms wrapped around her body.
You took a deep breath and shut the door as quietly as you could. You tiptoed back to your room and almost screamed when you saw an owl sitting on the window sill.