Status: feedback people? comments, messages anything..just tell me what you think! I'm not sure if I should finish it up or add some more drama! So please, comment or something... Thx Ciiica

Love Between Lines

Chapter 18 - Backstabber

KATIE’s POV

After two months of school Easter holidays finally came. You still dated James. You realized that there was no way you and Draco could be a couple again. He had at least three girls a day and it was hard for you to be his friend. You couldn’t be his girlfriend. James was much better than Draco although you felt like you were just using him. Well, it was him in the first place who wanted to date you.
You went home for Easter holidays to spend some quality time with your parents and Rachel. You decided it was for the best you two would spend Easter together because since she started going out with Blaise you two barely talked.
You and Rachel sat in your room going through everything that happened during Christmas holidays. Draco didn’t appear to be such a prick you expected him to be and never told Rachel about what happened between you and Blaise at the New Year’s Eve party. It bothered you not to talk to Rachel about it but there was no way you could. She knew something was bothering you but you had never told her. Obviously it was enough to break up you and Draco and it would be a pity if it would break up Rachel and Blaise too. They were such a perfect couple. When Rachel told you about their relationship you envied her like never before. They were so in love, so great, so perfect for each other. It was how you imagined it could be between you and Draco but you two just had to be yourselves and had to screw it all up.
“I just love him so much, Kat, you know. It’s not like it was with any guy before. It feels like it’s for forever, not just a few months before we break up,” Rachel said with a dreamy look.
“That’s great, I’m so happy for you,” you said trying to really sound happy.
“So how are you and James doing? Good?” she asked. That was not exactly your favorite topic to talk about.
“Good,” you replied dryly. She could see right through you.
“Do you like him?” It was obvious that she thought the answer was no. But that wasn’t entirely true. You liked James, he was good looking, charming and he really did seem to like you. But thanks to the repeating nightmare about the Dark Lord killing Draco that kept you awake almost every night you had time to think. Mostly about Draco, from time to time when you woke up crying and sweating you got up from bed and made your way towards boys’ dorms. You checked on Draco almost every night just making sure he was alright and surprisingly he was always alone.
You found yourself unable to deny it anymore. You liked Draco, very much so. And even though you liked James you’ve always liked Draco more.
“I do, I enjoy his attention and presents. I like him. Why would I date him if I wouldn’t?”
“What about you and Draco though? Blaise and I thought you were on the best way to get together...”
You sighed. The best would be to tell nothing, nothing at all. But Rachel stopped you before you could begin to lie.
“And don’t tell me you don’t like him, because you do and he does to. I just don’t understand why you two can’t finally get together. Some things are just meant to be and I know you and Draco are...”
“Maybe you’re right, Rache. But I don’t think he likes me. I thought he did but he definitely doesn’t anymore,” you said looking down.
Before Rachel could reply there was a knock on the door.
“Come in,” you said loudly. A little house-elf entered the room. He turned to you.
“Master wants to see you in his office. It’s important,” she squealed.
“Thank you, Ginger. Tell, dad, I’m on my way,” you said sighing.
“Go, I’ll be fine here. I’ll read the new issue of Witch Weekly the owl just brought,” Rachel said before you could ask.
“Okay, enjoy,” you said smirking. You went downstairs into your father’s study. You knocked and after a faint come in, you opened the door.
“Sit down, Catherine,” your father said motioning to the chair at the other side of table opposite his own. He looked older, more tired and worried.
“Is something wrong?” you asked sensing the bad mood. He took a deep breath and then began.
“You remember the letter I sent you on New Year’s Eve?” he asked. Your eyes widened. You burnt the letter as soon as you read it.
“Yes, father, I remember it,” you said slowly.
“And what’s your answer?” he asked. The very first instinct was to say no. When you had first read the letter you thought your father must be crazy but then you realized the choice wasn’t just about you. If you said no it would affect your family, your father wouldn’t be one the highest ranked Death-Eater and Draco... You had dreamt so many times about him being killed because you didn’t want The Mark, you just couldn’t let it come true.
“The answer’s yes, father. I will take the Dark Mark,” you said firmly.
“I’m very proud of you, Katie. The Dark Lord isn’t as hard on women as he is on men. If you get some task it will be to help some other of his followers not to be on a mission alone, so there’s nothing to be scared of.”
“Oh,” you said. You didn’t feel like helping someone, the mission for you alone would be better or so you thought.
“So if there isn’t anything you want to talk about I supposed that will all,” your father said clearly dismissing you.
“Yeah, I’ll just go,” you said walking out of his office. It was sort of awkward. You knew you didn’t want to do it but you had to, for your sake, for your family’s and especially Draco’s.

~*~

DRACO’s POV

Draco laid on his bed trying to block the outside world. He felt lonely, he was used to have Jacobs by his side and even though they were arguing all the time and Draco wouldn’t admit it even if he was tortured he liked her company. As much as he always claimed to hate her he felt the exact opposite. He laid on his back watching the enchanted bed poster.
When Draco had been three years old he hadn’t liked staying in his own room all alone, he had been bored and scared especially going to sleep without his mother singing to him and waiting before he had fallen asleep. One evening before he had gone to sleep his father had come instead of his mother. He had tried to explain to him that he’s too old for something like that and because Draco hadn’t listened and wanted his mother to come in and sing him a song or read a bed time story Lucius had decided to keep Draco entertained by something else. He had enchanted the top of his four poster bed to show starry sky. He had given Draco a book showing different constellations and Draco had spent many days learning about them and his favorite thing about going to sleep had been looking for the Draco constellation. It has shone brightly above his head before he went to sleep every night.
There was a knock on his door and Draco bolted upright. He straightened his cloak and unlocked the door. To his utter surprise in the doorway didn’t stand a Death-Eater or a House-elf, his best friend Blaise Zabini finally made time for him.
“Hey, man,” Blaise greeted him.
“Hey,” Draco said not really sure now that he came whether he wanted to see him.
“Look about the New Year’s Eve party I really didn’t mean to, I know that you and Katie should be together and I’m happy with Rachel, I was just so drunk. I would have shagged the first thing that came near me. I’m even lucky I grabbed a girl and not a guy... I’m really sorry, man. And you know she was drunk too and yet she pushed me away. She really likes you...”
“More or less than you?” Draco asked bitterly.
“I know I’ve made a mistake, Draco. You have every right to be angry with me but there’s no reason to be angry with her too!”
“I’m not angry with her but with myself. For the first time I decide to date a girl exclusively, you know, and the first thing she does is get friendly with my best mate and then starts dating that poor excuse for a human being...”
“Is this about Martin?” Blaise asked.
“The first thing that stupid pathetic fool does is that he asks out my girlfriend after first fight we have! I should kill him for doing that...”
“Maybe you should, it’s better than screwing his cousin. She’s Katie’s friend too you know and if she knew you ever dated her she would never sleep with you!” Blaise argued.
“Is this your way to apologize?” Draco asked crossly. Blaise shook his head.
“It’s a friendly advice...”
“Well, maybe I don’t need your help, Zabini,” Draco argued. This wasn’t going in the right direction and they both knew it.
“I think you do because all you do these days is not getting out of your room just laying on your bed being miserable and when you do go out it’s to get another girl you could have your stupid revenge on. You’re an adult, Draco, and you should act like one!”
“What do you mean?” Draco asked his mood still very cloudy.
“Tell G it was just a one night stand and talk to Katie. For some reason she likes you and I think she will be more than happy to have you back...”

~*~

back to KATIE’s POV

“He did what?” I screamed at Rachel who was holding her ears.
“I should have known he’d do something like that. But I never expected her to be such a backstabbing b*tch!”

Yes, Katie found out that Draco Malfoy slept with her good friend Georgina “G” Ray...
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading
Tell me what you think via comments or messages...

I know that this update came after a very long time but I'm hoping I'll finish this story soon (there're three more chapters and epilogue) and the updated will be definitely more frequent...

♥ Ciiica ♥