Are You Suffering?

001- Selina

It was cold, and bright. I didn’t understand. It was nothing like what I remembered last. My hands were shaking, I think. But everything was, wasn’t it? Opening my eyes was a hard task and I couldn’t tell where I was. It didn’t smell nice, at all. Well, in all honestly, it smelled like a Butchershop…dead things…dead animals.

Then I could see shapes, figures…no. Not figures. It was just confusing. I didn’t understand, at all. Everything was just bright, and red. Why red? I thought when you died you seen white? This wasn’t death, was it?

Palms to the ground, I started to weakly lift myself from it. I could barely breathe properly, let alone move. I had to though. A gut feeling was telling me to move, so I was moving. By the time I was standing, everything started to make a little more sense, but more questions popped in my head.

From what I could tell, there was snow falling, or something fucking random falling from the sky. And it was quiet…way too quite. Looking up, I noticed the sky was clouded over with red…did that make sense? Instead of gray or white clouds, they were a dark, blood red. The trees had no leaves on them…just black bark and leafless.

That wasn’t the worst part….

Buildings…houses.,,everything…destroyed….

I was terrified to look to where the ground was, or even where I’d just been laying previously. I took the dare and slowly trailed my eyes down. The shit falling from the sky? It looked like ash, or a dark black snow. It wasn’t cold to the touch, at all.

“What…” but I couldn’t even finish my own sentence.

Jolting around, I heard a noise and it was close.

Run

Instead of lingering around, I started to walk away, quickly, from the sound. It was close and I couldn’t make the gut feeling go away. But there was another part of me that made me realize that maybe running…just wasn’t enough. That running was pointless if I was going to be caught anyways. I’d seen too many horror movies.

Walking away from the wrecked house I was laying in front of, I started down the street. Where else was I to go? Anywhere? Was there even anybody alive? Yes? No? Maybe? What was going on… The last I had remembered was everything was normal, the sky wasn’t clouded with red with just barely a glimpse of the sun…

And where do you think you’re going, missy?

I stopped dead in my tracks. The voice wasn’t familiar, nor warm, or gentle. It sounded like a predator finally finding his prey. It sounded like a child molester, sneaking into a child’s bed at night. I was fucked.

Did someone escape from the dungeons?

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, and I quickly turned around. I was met with a tall man, his skin pale ivory, and his eyes a blood red. Instantly, there was no doubting, that he was a vampire; He had these cheekbones that were slightly sunk-in; and then his hair wasn’t long, it was up in messy spikes. I didn’t like the way he looked at me.

“I have to be dreaming…” I muttered under my breath, barely audible to even me.

Then, another figure I hadn’t noticed before came up from behind the first.

“Oh, no, we’re real…” his voice was soft, kind. I didn’t trust it. “I promise.”

Something caught my attention about this one. He was shorter than the first, a little more bulkier. The mans lips were plump and pulled into a small smirk. The blood red in his eyes didn’t fit. They didn’t suit him or his pale skin. Slowly, this one looked from me towards the other.

“We need to take her to the overlord. Pretty sure he’ll want to punish her for escaping…or y’know…hiding.”

He didn’t seem bright.

“Uh…I’m not going anywhere…with any of you…so I’ll just be going now…” then I turned and began to run.

Why was I not that bright either? Just as I began to run, the shorter of the two was in front of me; his blood filled eyes angry and gazing down at me, shaking his head…that smirk still on his full lips.

“No, darling, you’re not going anywhere…”
♠ ♠ ♠
My stories took a whole new spin o:
How do ya like it?