Are You Suffering?

003-Selina

I made a choice not to say a single word. The only thing I really did was look between all the males and single female in the room, registering their looks. Why the fuck did they look so odd? The female in question was the most stand-outish of them all. She had extremely long, blue hair; her eyes were solid white; her skin was a pale color of purple; her lips a dark black; and then these weird insignia’s all over her body. It didn’t look ridiculous, at all… In her own way, she was kind of beautiful.

When I was dragged away, at that precise moment, I locked eyes with whomever the man was that was in charge. I guess you could say I lost my breath, but it was more like someone sucking the soul out of me, along with my air. In a way, it made me sick. In another way, it made me admire it. I couldn’t tell if I was the prey or just a play toy.

As Zack and I walked through the door he lead me through, he slammed it behind him, grumbling. Furrowing my brows, I turned to look at him, confusion probably written on my face. He looked tense, like there was some unspoken feud between him and his King.

“Uh…okay then…” I muttered without a real thought of it.

Zack noticed right away and shot me a glare. “What?”

“I dunno… Are you okay?”

“It’s…nothing, I s’pose” awkwardly, he scratched at the back of his head, pushing his lips off to he side.

“Uh huh, right. Like I’m actually going to believe that…”

“Oh, and it’s your business? Really? This is the first time you’ve said a single word since you entered this shithole.”

I rolled my eyes, walking ahead of him without much thought of it. It was sad how I was now leading the way around a castle place that I had never been in. It didn’t look anything like the modern shit that was built where I was from, at all. It looked like a part from one of my favorite, old vampire movies. Hah, I wasn’t even that far off.

“Where are you from?” I heard him speak, softly this time.

“Not here, apparently… Wherever here is…”

I turned to him with my last word, and he seemed to be kind of confused, nibbling at his lip slightly.

“We’re in California…”

I shot him a look, raising my brows. “Say what?”

“Yeah, didn’t you know? I mean, we found you here… Even though you appeared out of fucking nowhere…”

“I don’t even know how I got here…”

“Like I said, you appeared out of nowhere. I seen it. One moment we were just, patrolling, the next you were just….there. You’re not even dressed properly; you smell weird too.” I shot him a look. “Not bad… Just… old…”

“Old?”

“Yeah, like, back in the day.”

“Back in the day? What is that supposed to mean?”

“It’s the year 2030?” he rose his perfect little eyebrows, looking at me like I was a bit stupid.

“Oh okay… How do you explain that I teleported like, twenty years into the future then, Zachary?”

“I-I…I don’t know…” he muttered softly, but I wasn’t paying attention now.

There were so many thoughts flooding my head. One being the fact that Zack looked so fucked familiar to me, but I couldn’t remember for the life of me. How did I even get here, and why? Why couldn’t I even remember anything? Even worse, how much had I forgotten? I couldn’t even remember the last thing I did, at all.

When he went ahead of me, it caught my attention. Again, he was leading the way, but where? Was there a direction? I was guessing so, since he probably knew this place better than I did.

“What’s your name?” Zack said, cutting into my thoughts.

“Why does it matter?” I asked, looking over to him. “

“I’d like to know your name? I mean…”

I rolled my eyes. “Selina..”

Still watching him, I noticed his expression kept changing. First, it was recognition; then it was confused; then it was more confused.

“Right…”

Ignoring him, I looked around to see the new environment. The door we went through must of lead to some ballroom. We were on a high level, looking down upon said ballroom, and it was huge… I could see a small stage set up where there were some random instruments like a violin, acoustic guitar, a stand up bass, and some other ones I didn’t know.

“Oh… I’ve never seen one of these…” I muttered, pushing in front of Zack to make my way down the stairs.

“No! You’re not supposed to go down there…” he exclaimed, grabbing my arm to stop me.

Growling, I reeled my fist back and punched him hard in the dick. When his hand slackened, a whimper escaping his lips, I grinned. Before he could grab me again, I bolted down the stairs and headed into the wide open ballroom. It was seriously the most fantastic thing ever. Pillars holding up the second level, the walls decorated in this old-style wallpaper, and the floor was black, with white dots. It looks almost like the night sky.

“Wow…”

“Yeah, it’s pretty fantastic…” he sounded pained when he said it, like breathing was impossible.

“Jesus, are you always such a baby?” I asked, whirling around to see him sort of, limping toward me.

“Well okay, sorry, for being sensitive in my baby maker!”

“You’re such a drama queen!”

At that, he put his hands on his hips, an offended expression on his face.

“I am not!”

Again, I rolled my eyes to his antics, turning from him and walking.

Just then, so randomly, I heard a loud crash. It was then that I noticed the ballroom had an entrance. Turning to the giant ornate door, I went towards it. Zack was frozen in his spot.

“I think…you need to step away…I mean…”

“Zack, grab some balls, okay?”

So, slowly, without his approval, I slowly pushed the door open..
♠ ♠ ♠
this was fun to write.. l: