Sequel: Come A Little Closer

I Still Remember

Sandbar

It was the next morning. It was 9:15 in the morning. Syd and I made breakfast for everyone so we would come off as perfect angels before operation bye bye Francesca went underway. The boys, my stepdad, mom, Mr. and Mrs.Staal, and Tanya and Parker came downstairs. “What smells so good?” My mom asked as Syd smiled.

“Banana bread French toast,” Syd replied for me.
“Good to see we’re all ready,” Eric smiled at the fact that everyone but the wicked witch was downstairs and ready to go.
“Were is Francesca?” I asked, putting plates on the table.
“Taking a shower.”
“She’s really going to take a shower before going on a boat?” I asked.
“Yeah…is that a problem?”
“She’s clearly going to get wet.”

Marc rolls his eyes at me as I stab my French toast with my fork. Syd and Jared look at me as I take a bite of the food. We heard footsteps and saw Francesca come down stairs in an Ed Hardy bikini top and an Abercrombie mini skirt. I look at Syd, who proceeds to stab her food with her fork as well.

“What are eating?” She asks, kissing Marcs cheek.
“French toast.”
“I’ll have fruit.”
“Oh come on, it’s not like the butter is going to kill you,” Sydney says in mouthfuls.
“You know, guys don’t find girls who talk with food in their mouth attractive.”
“Don’t hate that real Thunder Bay girls don’t have proper manners!” Syd snapped.
“Okay you two,” Jordan said, trying to keep the peace.

Syd rolled her eyes and we continued eating, watching the wicked witch eat her fruit. I look at Marc, who’s sending me daggers with his eyes. I send them back with mine and continue to eat my delicious, buttery, all fat breakfast.

We finally finish, and the nine of us head out on the boat. We had two tubes that could hold three people and Eric was driving, occasionally switching off with Jordan. Francesca sat on Marcs lap, as I contained myself from lunging over and pushing her off the boat.

Then I had the most brilliant idea ever.

“Sydney and I call a tube!” I yell as we throw life jackets on.
“You two are really going to go in that water? There are sharks.”

Syd and I look at each other as everyone looks at Francesca. I try to keep the straightest face possible on as Marc looks at Francesca. “Babe, there are no sharks in Thunder Bay, right?” She asks him as I catch Jared winking at us.

“No…not at all,” Marc says, looking at us.

Syd and I jump on the ledge of the boat holding hands. Tanya then pulls out her camera and takes a picture of us in mid air. We come up from the water and swim to the tube. Jared and Jordan have the other tube. Syd looks at me. “Okay, what’s your brilliant idea?”

“Why don’t we push her off the boat?”

Syd raises her eyebrow at me and looks at Francesca, who’s just sitting there watching us in disgust. Syd looks back at smiles and me. “How the hell are we going to pull that off with Marc around?” She asks as Eric gives us the thumbs up that he’s going to start the boat.

“The boys are obviously going to want to go to the sand bar after they drop Tanya and Parker off. They’re going to do their thing…”
“Shit we are---“

The boat starts moving and I feel the wind hit my face. The memories of the summers when Marc and I shared the tube together began to come back. I snap out of it when Eric hits a big wave and we go flying on opposite sides in mid air. I land by Jared, while Syd and Jordan land near each other. We get on the boat and Jordan drives wall Marc and Jared go with Tanya and Eric, leaving me holding baby Parker.

It comes to the time when we drop Tanya and Parker off. Jared yells sandbar and we all agree to go. I raise my eye at Syd, who smiles deviously at me. Eric stops the boat in the middle of the sandbar and comes up to Syd and I. “Play nice,” he winks at us.

“I’ll try,” I reply, watching the boys jump into the lake.

Now trying to get Francesca off the boat was the hard part. I turned around to find her and saw her get in the lake. My plan backfired. I look at Syd as she comes to the ledge of the boat with me. “What the fuck! It’s like she knew!” I say to her.

“Okay, we need to get rid of her somehow…oh look whos coming back.”

Francesca comes back in the boat and dries herself off. She then looks at us and shakes her head. “Nice swim suits. Walmart?” She says, towel drying her hair. I roll my eyes and Syd gives her a dirty look.

“Target,” I snap back, to my surprise.
“Even better,” she begins, coming closer to me. “I thought girls like you needed tankinis.”
“Bitch, last I checked, Thunder Bay boys liked girls with meat on their bones.”
“You’re messing with the wrong person right now,” she smiles.
“Honey, I’m just getting started.”

And with that, I pushed her off the boat. She went down like a light bulb. The sad part was she had her life jacket on. I couldn’t drown her. The boys turned their heads and looked at Syd and I. “What’s going on!?” Jordan yells as Marc swims over to Francesca’s aid.

“You’re best friend here pushed me!” She yelled, as Marc held her.
“I did not push you,” I insisted.
“Bullshit,” She said, getting back in the boat.

They boys went back to the sandbar and I took my life jacket off. Part one of Operation bye bye Francesca was in the works. Syd went by the front of the boat to look for her phone as I look my life jacket off and stood on the seat. I looked at Marc, who was perfect in almost every single way. He had flaws, he had imperfections, which made him perfect. I sighed. Who was I kidding thinking I could win him back?

I felt someones hands on my back. I felt my feet slip. I remember yelling something as I went down in the water. I remember trying to tread water but didn’t know why I couldn’t come back up. I looked down and saw my foot was caught on seeweed. I began pulling for my foot but it wouldn’t come loose. I then felt my eyes slowly close as someone untangled my foot and brought me back up. I gasped for air and saw it was Marc. It dawned on me.

The bitch fucken pushed me.
Now she was really in for it.

I kept gasping for air as Marc yelled for his brothers to get a towel. I kept gasping for air as Marc swam me back to the boat. He then handed me to Eric and brought himself back in the boat. I began coughing now, but I stopped and glared at Francesca. “What the fuck was that for?!” I yelled at her.

“What happened?” Jordan asked.
“I saw she was about to fall, so I went to go get her but she must’ve slipped.”
“Bullshit! You pushed me!”
“Girls, I’m sure this was a big misunderstanding,” Marc began. He then looked at me. “Gina, are you okay?”

I glare at Marc. Sure, he just saved me from drowning to death but the bitch of his girlfriend pushed me, and he was going to believe her over me. Now I was really going to let his girl have it. “Just great,” I say. “Thanks.”

“Anytime. Don’t scare us like that again and wear your damn lifejacket!”
“C’mon, lets get back,” Eric said, starting the boat back up.

Syd came and sat with me as I put my head on her shoulder. I wanted to cry. He may have saved my life, but he believed her over me. “We’re going to get this bitch, if it’s the last thing we do,” Sydney tells me. And usually when my best friend said something like that, she knew we had a mission we needed to solve.

Bring it fucken on Francesca.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy :)