Sequel: Come A Little Closer

I Still Remember

Green Hair

“What did you buy from the beauty shop?”
“And don’t you need a license to go in there?”

Syd and I ask Jared, who came back from the beauty supply shop with a bag. I try to get the bag from Jared, who’s holding it far away from me. There was always one thing you needed to know about Jared Staal, if he cares about you, he will make you the happiest person ever.

“You know how she has those stupid ass extensions in her hair?”
“Yeah…what does…WHAT DID YOU BUY?” Syd yells.
“Well..I bought some hair dye….I think we can mix it in her shampoo and conditioner.”
“What color will it turn her hair?” I ask.
“I have no idea to be quite honest, I grabbed two random colors.”

He throws me the bag and I take the contents out of the bag. One color reads blonde, while the other reads red. I look at Jared, who comes back with Francescas hair shampoo and conditioner. I take the bottles from Jared and then give him an eyebrow. “You know what color this will turn her hair?” I ask as Syd goes to make a phone call.

“Do tell me.”
“Possibly green.”
“Excellent. Hey I have a question. You know that carnival coming up?”
“Oh god,” I begin. “Why?”
“Can I take Sydney?”

A smile forms to my face when he asks me that. So little Jared has a crush on my best friend. I smile and give my best friend a hug. “You really think I’d be mad over that?” I ask him as he puts the shampoo bottles back. “Besides, I think you two would be really cute!” I yell at him.

“Are you going?”
“HELL NO!” I yell back.
“Why not?”
“Obvious reasons.”
“Hey, if this plan goes according to plan, she’ll have to go to New York and get her hair fixed.”
“Meaning…”
“You can try to win my brother back.”

It was a thought, but I highly doubted Marc wanted me back. I roll my eyes and sit on the bed as Syd comes in. Jared looks at her and smiles. “So, you me, carnival tomorrow?” He asks her. Never in my life have I seen a big smile form on Syd’s face. “Excellent,” Jared smiles as we hear Francescas annoying voice tell Marc she’s getting in the shower.

“What do we do now?” Syd asks.
“We wait,” Jared sighs as I walk out of my bedroom. “Were is she going?”
“Dance studio, obviously.”

There was a built in dance studio in my basement. It was the last thing my father ever gave me before he passed. I plugged my ipod in and let the music play. I was so frustrated with everyone and everything at this point. Chris Brown began to fill the room with “I Can Transform Ya” going off. I began to dance, trying to take my mind off everything. I began reciting the markings in my head. One, Two, Three and Four, Pop, Lock, Jump It Out, Seven and Eight, One and Two, and so on. It felt good to be doing this again.

I heard the music go off and someone clap. I turn my head to find Marc standing against the doorframe. I didn’t know why he was there or what he wanted. He began to walk toward me. He was perfect in everything single way possible. “Hey,” he gets out.

“Hi,” is all I say.
“You still have it,” he smiles.
“I try, really,” I reply. “Thanks for saving my life yesterday.”
“She didn’t push you.”
“Whatever, just forget about it.”
“Is there something on your mind?”
“Why would you think that?”
“I’ve known you long enough to know that when you come down here to dance, there’s something on your mind.”

Marc Staal knew me to well. I sighed and then realized he was inches away from my face. Sure, I was a midget compared to Marc, but I could feel him breath, I felt his breath hit my face. He knew I had something on my mind.

That something was him.

“I’m fine Marc, really.”
“You sure?”
“I’m sure.”

It was at this moment when Marc’s lips were a mere inches from mine. He moved in closer, I followed. Right as I felt his touch mine, we heard a shriek from upstairs. He pulled away from me and sighed. “What the hell was that?” I asked as we both ran up stairs, only to meet Jared and Syd in the hallway. Francesca came out in a towel. I gasped as Jared turn his head and Sydney put on her poker face. I covered my mouth with my hand as Marc tried not laugh. “Baby, what happened?”

Baby, just what he used to call me.

“My hair is green!” She yelled, pointing at her hair.

I turned to look at Jared, who finally was brave enough to stop laughing and pretend to be all-serious. Marc then calmed her down and brought her into the other room as Jared and Syd came toward me. “That should get out of Ontario for a few days.”

“He almost kissed me.”
“WHAT!?” They both shrieked.
“Yeah, his lips were mere inches away from mine.”
“Oh good—“
“I told you, someone at your salon would fix this,” Marc said.
“Your right, you have the key for me to let myself in at your place in New York Right?”

Jared winked at me as Marc handed her the key and told her he’d help her pack. I watch them walk away. This bitch didn’t know what would be coming in the next few days.

Marc Staal was going to be all mine.
And I would be Marc Staals baby again, not her
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy everyone :)