Sequel: Come A Little Closer

I Still Remember

Memories and Heartbreak

Francesca left for New York to get her hair fixed and I got dragged to the carnival. Syd and Jared went together, while my mom decided that she wanted me to go with her for a little bit. Usually, my mom hates these things, but I figured if she wanted to go, I’d be nice and go with her. I mean, what’s the worst that could happen besides seeing that jerk?

My mom and I began walking around the fair grounds and saw Jared holding a big stuffed animal he won Syd. I began laughing to myself. The two of them are precious. This was one of the relationships I approved of. I caught my mom looking at me. “Mom, I’m not sad, really.”

“Don’t think I don’t know you well enough to know you’re not sad,” she tells me.

Shit the woman was good.

We keep walking and I look at all the couples being cute. I knew coming to this shindig was going to be a bad idea in itself. My mom puts her arm around my shoulder. For a July night in Thunder Bay, it was kind of chilly. We keep walking and we run into Mrs. Staal and Marc.

Why him?

“Oh Santina!” Mrs. Staal begins. “You hate these things!”
“I needed to get out of my house.”

Our moms keep talking as Marc and I keep stairing at each other, the way he would stare at me that one summer. His eyes were directly on me. I couldn’t bring myself to look away from them, they were entrancing to me, like I was under his spell…

Again.

“Why don’t you two go walk away?” My mother suggests.
“Yes! You guys can catch up.” Mrs. Staal suggests.

I roll my eyes in disgust as Marc and I walk away together. I felt like ditching him when he didn’t notice but I decided to go along with my mothers wishes. Wer’re walking side by side as I people watch. We don’t talk, I just ignore him as if someone isn’t next to me. “I know you did something to Francesca’s hair,” he breaks the silence.

“How the hell would I manage to get hair dye without a beauty license?”
“Good point.”
“You know Marc, I’d appreciate it if you weren’t such a douche to me.”

We continue walking and I stop. We’re by an area were people are dancing and music is playing. I roll my eyes. The memories are flooding my mind again as Marc stands by me. I take a quick glance at him. Memories are flooding him too, there is no doubt about that. “C’mon Gina, lets dance,” he says.

“Your girlfriend won’t like that.”
“My girlfriend isn’t here, remember?”
“I’ll pass.”
“Come on Gina,” he says.

He extends his hand out as I roll my eyes. “One dance,” I reply, knowing that there’d be more than one dancing as swing music keeps playing as they set up a DJ booth. The music goes on as Marc and I keep dancing to the music. A faster song comes on now and everyone clears way for Marc and I. “You haven’t lost it,” Marc said, bring him closer to me before spinning out. I spun back in and my hands fell on his chest.

“I never lost it, keep that in mind.”

The song ends and I stop dancing as I hear Dierks Bentley’s “Come a little Closer” blare from the DJ. I roll my eyes. The one song Marc and I had our drunken sex to had to come on. I begin to walk away as Marc held my hand. “C’mon, just dance Gina,” Marc begs as I roll my eyes. I come back toward Marc and lay my hands on his shoulders as his rest on my waist. He then takes his one hand and grabs my hand.

Oh Francesca would kill me if she saw this.

“You look really nice tonight,” Marc tells me.
“I’m just wearing shorts and a shirt…but thank you. You don’t look so bad yourself.”
“Thanks.”
“I’m glad your happy with Francesca.”

NO YOUR NOT.

“She’s great.”
“It’s good to see that your happy.”

STOP LYING AND TELL HIM YOU LOVE HIM YOU DUMBASS!

“I’m going to propose to her.”

Marc Staal say what? I look at the ground. I begin to hold back everything again, this wasn’t happening. “I’m going to when she gets back,” he says as I don’t say anything again. I want to tell him I love him, I want him to know that I’ve always loved him. “Hey Gina…look at me.”

“Marc, I can’t.”
“Gina, c’mon, I know something is wrong.”
“Just…just go be happy with her.”
“Gina wait!”
“I’m done waiting Marc Staal.”
“Gina, please.”
“Marc, forget it. Your just a boy from summer that I made a mistake with.”

With that, I ran home. I heard Jared and Syd call my name but I ignore the two. I bolt up to my room and throw myself on my bed. He loved her enough to propose to her. She was obviously going to say yes, and steal away everything else I wanted. She already succeeded with stealing Marc away, and now she was going to steal my dream of being Marc’s wife.

Fuck you Marc Staal.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy :)