Sequel: Come A Little Closer

I Still Remember

Round Two

It was September now. Marc and I tried to avoid eachother after the argument between him and Sydney. It was Wedsday, which was two days before the wedding. It was Francescas bachlorete party and Jared told me if I didn’t do anything quick, I can kiss being called Mrs. Staal goodbye.

“You’re leaving me with her alone!?” Sydney asks me.
“It’s been than me staying here by myself,” I tell her.
“You can come with you know.”
“I’ll pass. Get drunk for me?”
“SYDNEY! LETS GO!”
“Of course! I’ll get drunk for both you and I!”

We say our goodbyes and she walks out the door for the night of pure hell as she called it. I had the house to myself. Eric and Tanya went out, Jordan and Jared went to the Blue Jays game, and Marc…I had no idea where the hell Marc was.

I begin to think about the wedding. All my attempts to get Francesca out of my life were failures, meaning I had to do something fast. I could just object at the wedding, but knowing Marc and his stubborn ass, he had to prove a point, and ignore me.

I begin to flip through the channels of the TV just to find nothing on. I sigh and end up watching some lifetime movie. Sydney was going to be gone all night, Jordan and Jared were going to be to drunk to even want to go to the pool hall when they got back, and Marc…forget Marc, he’s my main problem at the moment. I mean, this all could’ve been avoid if I weren’t a bitch. I mean, if I didn’t slam the door in Marcs face, throw his hoodie at him, do all the shit I did to him, I could be the one meeting him at the alter, not her.

There’s a knock at my door. I roll my eyes as I drag myself off the couch and over to the door. I open the door and roll my eyes when I see Marc standing there. “You,” I sneer at him, as he rolls his eyes. He’s not in a good mood, I can tell.

“Hi to you too.”
“Look Staal, if you don’t have anything—“
“I wanna show you something.”
“How about no?”
“It’ll get you out of the house.”

Marc did have a point with this. He knew I was bored out of my mind and would love to get out of the house. I roll my eyes and close the door behind me. “Okay, where the hell are we going?” I ask him as he nodds his head toward the cornfield.

Oh, the goddamn cornfield. Marc wants to take me to the cornfield. The memory comes back to me. I had gotten a phone call from Marc saying to come to the cornfield. I went, because I was madly in love with him. I found him holding a bottle of Red Wine and two Red Dixie Cups. I remember making a joke about how classy that looked. I also remember taking one too many drinks that night. He had his iHome with him and the iPod was plugged in. Blink 182 was playing as we were both staring at each other after making drunken comments.

“Gina, I have the sudden urge to kiss you right now.”
“Then do it,” I remember telling him.

He kissed me, long and hard. The next thing I knew I was pulled on to his lap, facing him. I remember his hands were up my shirt and my shirt came off. I pulled his shirt off and then one thing led to another as Dierks Bentley was playing through the iHome. I remember him being on top of me as he said to me, “I want you so bad right now”

“Then come get me Marc Staal.”


We get to our destination to find a blanket on the ground but no wine. I sit on the blanket next to him. This was going to be a long night. We just staring at nothing, were not saying anything to each other. “Marc, if your not going to say anything to me, then why am I here?”

“I can’t ask you to come sit with me and talk?”
“Marc, what do you want to talk about?”
“Your tattoo.”
“How do you know about my tattoo?”
“Your sister.”

I show him my tattoo and his hand is touching my shoulder blade where the Rise Against lyrics laid. He sighs and turns his back to me, and lifts his shirt. My eyes widened. His shoulderblade was inked as well. I put ny hand on the ink and read, “And I could see our days are becoming nights, I can feel your heartbeat across the grass. We should’ve run, I would go with you anywhere. I should kiss you by the water.” I look at Marc, whos fixing his shirt. “You got I still Remember?” I ask him.

“I got it for you, just like you got your for me.”
“When did you get it?” I ask him.
“After you slammed the door in my face.”
“I’m sorry for that.”
“I know you are.”
“I’m sorry I made you become a douche bag.”
“It’s not your fault Gina.”
“What are you think about Marc?”

Marc is staring out at nothing right now. I really wish I could read his mind because right now, I can’t read him like I usually can. He finally brings himself to look at me and I’m staring into his blue eyes. “Gina, I have the sudden urge to kiss you right now.”

“Not this again Marc.”
“I’m serious. I want to kiss you.”
“Then kiss me.”

Marc lays his hand on my cheek and plants one on my lips. I feel my tounge dance with his as the kiss becomes deeper. He pulls me into his lap and I feel his lips move down my neck as my hands go under his shirt and run up and down his chest before I pull the shirt off. He brings his lips back to mine as my shirt comes off. I hear my bra unsnap as I fall on my back. Marcs lips move down my stomach and back up as he pulls my shorts off. I pull his off and then he looks at me.

“Gina,” he says as I look at him. “I want you so bad right now.”
“That’s wrong,” I tell him.
“I’m being serious,” he replies as I bite my lip.
“Marc Staal…come and get me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
cliff hanger almost...enjoy :)