‹ Prequel: Confessions
Status: Complete!

These Are the Fast Times

Grand Theft Autumn: Part 2

Jack

-x-x-x-x-x-x-

“What’s this doing here?” I ask, picking up her video camera up off the nightstand after flopping down on the bed. “Are we making a movie?”

“You’re sick,” Victoria says, but she laughs. I power it up and start recording, looking up at her through the lens. “Jack!” she protests, only in her bra and underwear. She makes a grab for the camera as she tries not to laugh.

“Smile for the camera, baby!” I exclaim, holding it out of her reach. “Give me: happy! Give me: sexy!” She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. “Give me: do me, Jack.”

“I’m not giving you anything until you turn that off,” she retorts sardonically.

“Picky, picky,” I tease, shutting off the camera and setting it aside.

She first lays out a dress and a pair of shoes for her show later tonight.

“I’m going to take a quick shower,” she says, taking her clothes and walking into the adjoining bathroom.

“Need any company?” I call after her from the bed.

“I said a quick shower,” she emphasizes, and I hear the water running.

“I can do quick!” I answer, to which she responds with a laugh and I take it as an invitation.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-

“You guys think I’m stupid, but I know you’ve been re-glassing my fill when I’m not looking,” Lila slurs, scowling accusingly at us.

“Li, you mean we’ve been re-filling your glass,” I correct, to which Victoria elbows my ribs. “Ow. What?” I protest. “She already knows we’re doing it…”

We’re at Gabe’s place for an after-party.

“Andy would be pissed I’m here,” Lila says so fast and slurred I almost don’t catch it. I raise my eyebrows at Victoria, who quietly explains how Lila and Gabe used to date.

Ryland walks over to recruit one of us to be his beer pong partner, but Victoria refuses on behalf of Lila.

“Do you want to leave?” I ask Victoria. Tonight I’m tired and not having fun, and all Victoria’s doing is babysitting Lila anyway.

“Yeah,” she sighs. She makes her rounds saying goodbye to her bandmates and friends while I watch Lila to make sure she doesn’t wander off.

“We’re leaving soon,” I inform her.

She glances at me, but doesn’t reply.

I finish my drink.

Once we’re back in Victoria’s bed, she says she’s too tired tonight, but I don’t mind.

“I love you,” I breathe hotly against her neck before closing my eyes.

I say it all the time, but I’ve yet to hear it back.

It doesn’t bother me for now.

I think.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short Jack chapter for inapallis :)