Cosmic Love

Agenda

I walked up to the house silently. My feet slightly crunched on leaves but nothing that would alert a human’s senses. I peered into the window. It was my father’s study. He was sitting at his desk. I could see his profile. In front of him he had a bottle of whiskey.

As he wrote in his journal he’d occasional take a swig from the bottle, not even bothering with a glass. As he got more and more drunk tears would begin to fall from his eyes. Eventually he would bury his head and sob onto the desk. “Emma, what happened to you?” he would say.

It went on like this for a week. My father always seemed to be drinking lately. And from the fringes of town I could tell his life was falling apart. On the way home from the bar sometimes he’d fall and get mud all over his clothes.

I had been his youngest and most precious child. All that was left was my older sister. We had already lost our mother. I felt terrible for leaving him alone. It was obviously destroying him to know that everybody had left. Even worse was that I had never said goodbye. I had never told him I’d be leaving. I had just disappeared, turned a vampire.

As the week ended I was still watching him outside the study window. I wish he knew I was there. I wish he knew I was still alive. But he could never know. Because I wasn’t alive. I was undead. I was a vampire. Something he grew up hating. I think knowing what had actually become of me would destroy him.

That Friday night I heard the sound of footsteps from behind me. Turning swiftly I saw Emily standing there. She was closer than I would have thought. I should have heard her sooner. I guess I was too focused on my father.

“What is it, Emily?” I asked quietly. She motioned for me to follow her and turned without waiting for my reply. I followed behind her as we went into the woods for a bit. Seeming to choose a random spot she stopped and turned back to look at me. I too stopped in my place.

“You need to leave this town,” Emily said.

“I would love to leave. If only my heart would let me,” I said. “I’m sure you’ve seen what has become of my father. “

“He cannot know you’re a vampire. He will kill you.”

“I know that. But it breaks my heart to see him in this way and I cannot leave him knowing this.” I paused for a second in my speech as an idea came to my mind. “Emily, could you make it so that he no longer feels this way?”

She looked taken aback for a moment. “That would take a lot of magic, a lot of strength.”

“Can you do it?” I asked taking a step towards him. She seemed to debate her words for a second.

“Yes, but it will not be easy.” I was about to tell her my eternal gratitude but she spoke again. “It will come at a price.”

“What price?” I asked warily.

“You will need to leave town. You cannot come back here. Not until 145 years later.” She looked up towards the sky even though you could only see sparse parts. The trees blocked out most of the stars and moonlight. “In 145 years the comet will again pass over this town.” She looked back at me with a serious expression. “At that time Damon will also come back. You cannot let him complete what he will come to do. You have to destroy it.”

I then heard footsteps coming behind us in the woods. Emily seemed to hear them too. I’m guessing it was a witch thing. “I must go,” she said and began to walk off.

“Emily, what is he going to do?” I asked trying to follow her.

“You must leave, Emma,” she said before walking into the dark part of the forest, seeming to disappear.

“Emily!” I quietly yelled going to the spot she disappeared. But I saw nothing and no sign of her.

I knew I had to leave though. I had to trust that Emily would take care of my father, that she would help him. So I fled into the forest. The footsteps faded away and as I kept moving the scenery became unfamiliar. I had left Mystic Falls forever. Or at least for 145 years.


“Damn it,” I said to myself as I drove down the road. I was going as fast as I could with the conditions. It was a small dirt road and it was dark. I didn’t want to hit a tree or random cemetery stone. As I came up behind another car I saw Elena getting out of the car.

“Elena, where’s Stefan?” I asked urgently.

“He went to find Bonnie,” she said slightly breathless. I could hear her pulse in my ears as the adrenaline pumped through her body.

“Which direction?” She pointed and then I ran in that direction. As I got closer to the old church my ears picked up voices. Coming into sight I saw Damon, Stefan, and Bonnie/Emily. Just by the way she held herself and talked I knew it was her. Emily was possessing Bonnie.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love everyone that reads this story. Especially those of you that comment. It makes my day reading all of them. I'm sorry I haven't been commenting back on your profiles.