Cosmic Love

Mystery Vampire

I could hear Damon and Stefan talking in the parlor as I came down the stairs in the morning. Just as I hit the landing the front door bell rang. Opening the door I was surprised to see the sheriff there. “I’m here to see Damon,” she said.

He appeared next to me. “Sheriff, what a surprise,” he said with a tight smile. He didn’t seem too glad to see her.

“Sorry to bother you but we need to talk.” There was an underlying message and a need of secrecy. That much was obvious.

“Come in,” said Damon and signaled for me to leave. I went into the parlor where Stefan stood. I sat on the couch as he paced back and forth. “I hope you understand about the secrecy,” said Damon. He and the sheriff had gone out into the backyard. “Stefan doesn’t know about this yet. And Emma shouldn’t.”

“Of course. Kids are too young to be brought into this. How long has Emma been staying here?” she asked.

“A couple days after Stefan and I moved in. She’s an old friend of ours and since she needed a place to stay, I offered. We have plenty of space.”

“That’s very kind of you.”

“So, what do you need?” asked Damon jumping into the fray.

“There’s been another attack. A female victim, throat torn out, completely drained of blood. It fits the pattern.” Stefan stopped pacing and sat next to me.

“I’m sorry, I don’t understand,” said Damon. He was obviously just as thrown as we were. “I thought we solved that problem when I staked the blonde one.” He lowered his voice trying to not let Stefan hear.

“We’re thinking she must have turned someone. Or multiple someone’s. I don’t know. The story for the town is another animal attack but I’m not sure how long we can keep lying to them. The council’s in an uproar. We thought we were past this.”

“And, so, what do we do?” asked Damon immediately jumping to action.

“You’re the only one who’s ever taken on a vampire. We were hoping you could tell us.”

“Honestly, I’m just as lost as you are. I’ll have to think of something.”

“I should get going,” said the sheriff.

“Alright let me walk you out.” Damon was ever the gentleman. Especially when he was playing a role. “Thank you for stopping by,” he said as he opened the front door. Stefan and I remained seated on the couch. I was lounging but Stefan seemed tense.

“Let me know what you come up with,” she said and walked outside.

“Absolutely,” agreed Damon shutting the door. As soon as he did Stefan moved and pinned him to the door. I jumped up ready to intervene.

“What is wrong with you? You killed somebody?” accused Stefan. Damon threw Stefan’s hands off him.

“Get off me,” brushed off Damon. “A. Don’t touch me. And B. If I had I wouldn’t have been so obvious about it. C. It’s another vampire in town.”

“That’s impossible,” said Stefan. “Was it you?” Stefan asked me.

“Neither of us are that stupid,” I said giving him a look.

“Obviously not impossible,” Damon said.

“Honestly, Stefan, you act like we’re the only vampires allowed to step foot into Mystic Falls,” I said.

“Who could it be?” asked Stefan immediately wanting to get to the bottom of it.

“Oh, what do we care?” asked Damon. “We’re leaving anyway.”

“No, I can’t leave now and you know that.”

“You guys were going to leave me?” I asked pretending to be wounded. I fake pouted causing Damon to smirk.

“We wouldn’t leave you, little Emma,” said Damon cupping my chin with his hand and looking into my eyes. It caused me to smile in return until I removed his hand.

“How are we supposed to find this person?” Stefan asked getting back to the less pressing issue.

“Why don’t you let the adults handle it,” Damon said and walked away towards his room. He left Stefan and I just standing there.

“I have to go warn Elena,” said Stefan moving towards the door. He was outside before I could even say a word. I decided to pour myself a drink and put a bit of blood in it. Five minutes later Damon walked out of his study holding the pocket watch in his hand.

“Where are you going?” I asked him. He was obviously on a mission with his sure and determined footsteps.

“Going to track down the vampire.”

“With a pocket watch?” I asked confused.

“It’s not exactly a pocket watch. It tunes into the signal of a vampire. Kind of like a compass does to the north pole.”

“Well, have fun,” I said and went back to the parlor.

Later that day Damon came back home. It was already dark by then. I smelled the blood on him immediately and rushed over to him. “What happened? Are you okay?” He walked to his room with large and purposeful footsteps. His shirt and pants were covered in blood. So were his hands.

“I was ambushed and I was shot by Logan Fell.”

“I thought you killed him?” I asked. “Or at least that he was dead.”

“Not yet. Just wait till I get my hands on him. I am going to rip him limb from limb.” There was a deadly tone in his voice and I knew he was serious. Worst thing to do: Piss off Damon.

“Who turned him?” I asked as we entered Damon’s room.

“That’s the million dollar question,” he growled still angry. He then took his phone out of his pocket and dialed Stefan. He started taking off his shirt in front of the mirror and examining his wounds. I went to the bathroom quickly and came back with a damp washcloth to wipe away the blood.

“Logan Fell’s a vampire,” Damon was saying to Stefan. “And when I find him again I am going to destroy him limb by limb.” I came up to him and began to wipe off the blood on his chest. Luckily there wasn’t much.

“No, I’m not okay,” replied Damon to Stefan’s question. I wasn’t really bothered about hearing Stefan’s side of the conversation. “I was ambushed, I was shot, and now I’m vengeful.” He finally managed to take the shirt all the off. “Just have to find him.”

I finished wiping off the blood and Damon moved to find a new shirt. “You’re kidding me?” said Damon actually sounding like he didn’t believe it. “Why the hell is he there?” After a few seconds for Stefan’s reply Damon said, “Well, I’ll be right there.” He hung up the phone and threw it on the bed.

“Where are we going?” I asked him. I sat on the bed and turned my head away as he changed into new pants.

“He’s at the school. I’m going to kill him.” Damon turned around and walked back to the pile of shirts he had.

“I can help. He won’t suspect me.” Damon chose a shirt and turned to look at me as he roughly put it on. You could tell he was considering it. “Come on,” I urged. “He doesn’t know I’m a vampire. He probably thinks I’m just some poor victim of your compulsion.” I put the back of my hand to my forehead and acted like I was going to faint.

“Alright, you’re coming with me,” said Damon looking slightly amused.
♠ ♠ ♠
The chapter description is basically because I love that quote and moment from Damon. Maybe it's because he was undressing at that moment....maybe.