Cosmic Love

Drink Up

Damon came out of the woods. He had just finished the girl and was now completely better. His stride, if possible, was even more elegant and graceful. There was almost an air of confidence about him that wasn’t there before.

“How do you feel?” asked Stefan.

“You were right,” said Damon. “It is a whole new world.”

“We can explore it together,” said Stefan happy that his brother was alive.

“You got what you wanted. You and me for all eternity,” said Damon walking towards Stefan. “But here this brother. I will make it an eternity of misery for you.” He walked passed Stefan.

“Damon,” called Stefan. Damon ignored him and disappeared into the night.

Stefan came over to me once he realized Damon was gone. He had tried to find him at first but he was nowhere to be found. Stefan knelt beside me and caressed my shoulder trying to give me what comfort he could. There really was none. Nothing he could do.

“Emma,” said Stefan. “Are you sure this is what you want? I can go get someone for you. Just tell me and I will be gone and back in a flash.”

“Yes,” I said weakly. It came out as barely a whisper. “This is what I want.”

“But you’re dying,” he protested.

“I know,” I said. “It’s for the best…. I don’t want to be a… monster.”

“But you don’t know how amazing it is to be like this. To hear all these sounds and to see all these things that you’ve never seen before. It’s a whole new world, Emma,” argued Stefan.

“No, Stefan. When you die, you die. That’s the way it’s supposed to be,” I said. I could barely keep my head up and leaned it back against the post. I closed my eyes, too weak to keep them open anymore.

“Stefan, I’m dying. Soon it’ll all finally be over. Please, have someone alert my father that I am gone. I don’t want him worrying anymore.”

“Emma, please let me help you,” he said. He clutched my hand. “Emma,” he begged.

“No,” I said as forcefully as I could. “I want to die. I want it all to end. Please… just let my father know I’m dead. That’s all you can do for me, Stefan.”

“As you wish,” he said defeated. He placed a kiss on the top of my head as a goodbye.

I heard his footsteps as they walked away. He headed up the road away from the quarry. Probably going to find Emily. I heard his footsteps slowly fade until I heard them no more.

I could feel everything slipping away. The feeling in my body, my senses. I was slowly starting to feel like death. I just wished for it to come. For everything to end.

Then suddenly something was pushed up against my mouth. Liquid flowed into my mouth and I reflexively swallowed. It was the best tasting stuff on Earth. Better than anything I’ve ever tasted before. I kept swallowing more and more. I couldn’t stop.

Eventually I gained enough strength back to grab the object and press it more firmly against my mouth myself. My mind was starting to clear and become less foggy. The pain in my stomach was disappearing. I stopped though when I felt something pierce my gums. It felt like they were being cut open.

I tightened my eyes shut against the pain, trying to block it out. I let go of the object and touched my gums trying to find the source of the pain. I could feel my teeth growing longer, extending, becoming fangs. I was going through the final transformation. I was becoming a vampire.

Opening my eyes I saw a boy lying in front of me. He was unconscious but still alive. His wrist was bleeding. Not giving it a second thought I picked up his wrist and bit down with my new teeth. I drank the blood from his veins until he ran dry. I couldn’t stop myself.

Dropping his wrist my teeth and face changed back to normal. Or as normal as I possibly could be now. I was a vampire, a monster. I moved away from the body horrified at what I had done. I had just killed someone.

I covered my mouth with my hand holding back a sob. I immediately pulled away though. The entire area around my mouth was wet. Looking at my hand I realized what it was. Blood. This time a sob managed to get out.

The breeze picked up and I heard a strange flapping sound. I looked towards the sound and that’s when I noticed a piece of paper attached to the guy. It was just simply pinned to his shirt rustling in the breeze. I crawled over to him and ripped the note off his shirt. It was stained with blood, his blood.

I read the note quickly. It was short and simple. Only five words, one sentence.

I couldn’t let you die.

I ripped up the letter into many pieces suddenly angry. She couldn’t even let me die! I wanted to kill her. To rip off her head and burn her body. I wanted to put a stake through her heart.

I was doomed. I was stuck. I was a vampire forever. I glanced at the guy again. His face was expressionless, staring off into the night. He was truly dead. I was suddenly sad again. My emotions were going crazy.

Getting off the ground I ran off into the forest with tears in my eyes. I didn’t know where I was going. I didn’t care. I wanted to get away to try and outrun my problems.

That’s what I’d be doing for awhile. Running away from everything, from my problems. I’d go from town to town, city to city just trying to stay under the radar. But now I was getting homesick. I wanted to go home. To know what happened, to know how everyone is. It was my home and I wanted to go back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to edit this a bit to fit in with the direction I'm planning on going. Sorry!