Cosmic Love

Hunting

“Want to go find something to eat?” asked Damon as I sat in my room reading a book. I set the book down, Pride and Prejudice, and looked up at Damon.

“Care to elaborate?” I asked.

“Well, you look like you could use some blood,” said Damon smirking. My attention was instantly caught at the word blood. It was very tempting. And I think Damon could see my interest.

“It’s probably been a long time since you last had human blood. Don’t you remember how good it tastes?” My fangs itched to come out at the remembrance of fresh blood. It was so warm and rich. So filled with life. So mouthwatering.

“Alright, I’ll go,” I said standing up, the book long forgotten. “Just let’s go before Stefan finds out.”

“Worried about getting caught?” asked Damon already walking towards the front door. I followed behind him.

“More like not wanting to hear him bitch.” Damon laughed as we both exited the house and went out into the night.

After leaving town a ways we went in search of a meal. “Do you remember how to feed?” teased Damon.

“Yeah. Something like this.” And before he could react I pinned Damon against a tree, my mouth at his throat. My fangs lightly grazed right along where his jugular was. I could feel his muscles tense and I smiled. I released him and stepped back.

“That was good,” admitted Damon. He rubbed the spot on his neck where my fangs had touched him.

“Don’t doubt me,” I smirked and walked up ahead of him to look for something I could sink my teeth into.

We came across some campers in the woods not even ten minutes later. There was a guy and a girl couple. They might’ve been married. I could hear their heartbeats from where I sat in the tree above their tent.

Damon and I had coordinated a plan. When the guy walks out of the tent I’m to grab him and bring him up to the tree. I’m supposed to cut his throat and let some of the blood drip down onto the tent. When the girl thinks it’s raining she’ll come out and see what’s up with him. I’ll stay hidden while she notices the man in the tree with me. She’ll start running to the car where Damon will lie waiting.

How do we know all this will happen according to plan? Years of watching humans and a little luck on our side. Damon had already had the fog move in for, as he called it, dramatic effect. My fangs were already extended, eager for the taste of blood.

The moment came and I heard the man unzip the tent. He got out and I had to hold myself back from immediately attacking him. Once the tent door was closed and he walked away a few steps I silently jumped out of the tree and landed right behind him. I snapped his neck in an instant and caught him before he could hit the ground.

I jumped back into the tree, effortlessly taking him with me. With my fingernail I cut the artery in his neck and watched as the blood dripped down onto the tent. I had to resist the overwhelming urge to sink my teeth into him right there.

As the woman came out of the tent I shrunk back more towards the trunk of the tree. I hid in the shadows as she looked up at her husband’s body dripping blood. She started screaming and then ran off towards their car. Not bothering to care about her anymore I lunged forward to the guy.

Before he could lose any more precious blood I attached my mouth to the cut. My fangs punctured his skin as I did so and I felt more blood well into my mouth. I took mouthful after mouthful of the delicious liquid. Distantly I could hear the woman scream one more time before she was cut off.

I lost all train of rational thought as I took the blood from the man. It had been too long since I had so much fresh blood. I could feel my body eagerly accepting it. As I drank the last few drops from the man I sighed discontent that he was done. I could feel the moist liquid on my lips and some running down my chin.

I scratched up the man and in one swift bite tore out his throat. That way it would look more animalistic. Couldn’t have anyone suspecting vampires. As I finished my job I jumped out of the tree and started walking towards Damon. When I reached him he was just finishing up with the woman.

He looked up at me as I approached and smiled. “Wasn’t I right?” he said smiling. His teeth were stained with read and so were his lips. I dimly nodded, a little drunk from the effects of the blood. I felt my world start to spin and then tilt sideways.

I closed my eyes waiting to hit the ground but it never came. Instead I opened my eyes to see Damon’s face. His arms were around me, holding me up. “It’s been longer than I thought,” he observed and I closed my eyes again feeling sleepy. “Can’t you walk?” he asked impatiently.

I shook my head and smiled still relishing in the effects of the blood. Sweeping me off my feet Damon held me bridle style. “You’re such a burden,” he mumbled irritated. I opened my eyes to see him staring down at me. I noticed the moist shine of the blood still on his lips.

On instinct I leaned forward and pressed my lips to his. I licked his bottom lip loving the different taste of the blood on his lips. I bit down gently wanting to get as much as I could. Damon suddenly pulled away leaving me feeling even more dizzy. “I don’t think you need any more blood,” he commented as I closed my eyes.

I buried my head into his chest and felt sleep start to take over as Damon started walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
So now that I'm done writing World So Cold I am now able to start writing this again and actually focus on it. Yay!