Status: Being Written

Lets Run This Town Together

I Like This Game

I released Lillith and backed away from her. I didn’t look at her. I went upstairs and found the bathroom. I stared at myself in the mirror. My eye was blackening, I didn’t bother to try to get ice to it. My nose had stopped bleeding and my lip was split. I washed the blood from my face with a hiss of pain.

Once the blood was gone, I stared back into the mirror and realized I looked exhausted. I looked defeated, with my bruises and tired eyes.

I dried my face off and went back to the basement. Two cots had been brought down and Lillith was laying on one. I pushed mine against the wall, then went searching through some boxes. I pulled out a strong-smelling box with a smirk. Lillith paid me no attention. I cracked open the small wooden box and grinned at the stack of pile flowers inside. The cannabis buds looked like gold. I picked one of the little clumps up, picked up a second one and put them gently into my pocket. I put the box back and began to search for where he kept his supplies for smoking. I knew I had Lillith’s attention now. I knew that her eyes were glued to my hands as I pulled out a slender, Sherlock-Holmes-style pipe.

I walked back to my cot, pulled out the two buds, and ground them down with my fingers. I smirked over at Lillith and handed her the pipe, with the ground-up marijuana inside.

“Hold onto this, I’m going to go grab some matches,” I told her and rushed upstairs, grabbed a packet of matches from a pile on the table and returned to the basement. Lillith put the pipe to her lips and I lit a match.

She breathed in the smoke and handed it over to me. I took a deep lungful of the fumes, not yet feeling the effect. I leaned over and kissed Lillith quickly before breathing out the smoke above us.

---


I blinked awake, too tired to muster up the energy to glare at the pale man before me. He had just come down to wake Lillith and I up. It seemed early, but I knew it had to be past noon.

“You two are wanted upstairs,” he said, his voice cracked and I knew it couldn’t be good. I changed my clothing and woke Lillith up. Her eyes were glazed from sleep. I couldn’t bring myself to smile at her.

“We’re wanted upstairs. Change and we’ll go up together.”

I turned my back to her and slumped against a wall. I licked my lips and looked over at Lillith, who was down to her undergarments. I looked away, a faint blush brushing my cheeks. In a month we had gone from being two of the most wanted villians and top pair against Jose to a petty, violent couple that couldn’t even look at each other anymore. I felt sick with realization.

Lillith touched my arm and I looked over at her. She was fully clothed this time.

I brushed past her and went upstairs, keeping the basement door open for her. Lillith walked past me, slowed and waited until I was beside her to start walking again.

I stopped in the doorway of the living room, no wonder everyone seemed to be on edge. Sitting on the couch as if he owned the place was Jose. I swallowed the lump in my throat and crossed my arms. Lillith stood next to me, but I made sure that she was behind me a little. He smiled over at us but I couldn’t help but feel that it was hostile.

“Justin and Lillith, how nice to finally meet you. I’ve been wondering who you two were, since you’ve been threatening my throne.” He stood up and I was momentarily shocked by his height. He walked over and towered over me. I licked my lips and met his eyes without hesitation. He looked me over, then turned his eyes to Lillith. He smirked.

“What a cute little thing you are Lillith,” he said and his eyes glinted with something related to lust. I moved in front of her and my chest bumped his.

“You will leave her alone.” I knew my voice sounded stronger than I felt. Not only was Jose big, but he was fast too. He grabbed the collar of my shirt and backed me up against the wall. He rose me up a few inches so that I was at eye level. He was smirking and didn’t seem worried at all.

“You’ve got fire Justin. That’s good, you’re going to need it when we meet up again. And you’ll have to be faster,” he growled and one hand moved to my neck. I reached down and pulled his gun out of it’s holster. I shoved it into his chin and smirked back at him.

“I could kill you now. The king.” His hand tightened around my windpipe and I pulled the trigger, but nothing happened.

“Do you really think I’d leave my gun within reach, loaded?” He shoved himself away from me and I dropped his gun as if it was hot iron. He turned to Lillith, whose eyes blazed with anger. I saw her hand inching toward the knife on the counter.

“I’m not going to kill either one of you, because I like this game we’ve got going on. Next time we run into each other, someone is going to die. And Lillith, if you ever want a real man, here’s my card.” He handed her a white card and she took it. I wanted to pound his face in, but I knew that I was no match. He would kill me in an instant.

---


Jay apologized for not helping me and ordered pizza in apology. I ignored him and went straight down to the cot. I took a little piece of paper from a baggy and put it on my tongue. In a matter of minutes, the walls were crawling and colors were swirling in the dark room.

I popped a few more onto my tongue before Lillith came downstairs. I laid back in my bed and let the Acid work into my system. I was numb to the world and high as a kite.
♠ ♠ ♠
We have like, no commentors and hardly any subscribers.... ><