Status: Being Written

Lets Run This Town Together

Angry Words

Justin:

I put ice on the painful red mark on my head. I don’t know why she got so worked up, it’s not like I was keeping much from her. Of course, I had my secrets, but that gave her no reason to whip things at me. The landlord had come for next month’s rent, even though next month wasn’t for another week. He said we had a week or we’d be kicked out. We were pretty good with our rent, but planning to become King and Queen of the Underworld took up a lot of time.

I looked toward the bedroom and then at the time, she had been in there for little over half an hour, which meant that she had probably fallen asleep by now. It was raining out, she loved the rain, she had once said it helped her sleep. I went to the bathroom and prodded the area the remote had hit, the swelling had gone down and it wasn’t as red now, but it was going to bruise.

When I left, I stopped outside the bedroom. I crouched and pulled a small key from under the door. The door had a crack underneath of it, a good inch of space that light came through. I turned off the bathroom light and unlocked the door, taping the key back under the door. I eased the door open and remained crouching incase she decided to throw anything else. When I didn’t hear any movement inside the dark room, I straightened and walked inside, closing the door behind me. I waited for my eyes to adjust, when they did I walked forward and stopped at the bed. Lillith was curled up on the bed, the sheets and blankets kicked to the foot of the bed. I walked around and pulled Lillith to my chest, straightening out her limbs so that she wouldn’t be stiff in the morning. She sighed in her sleep, and turned toward me as if drawn to my body heat. I plucked her fingers off and laid them on her stomach. She murmured something too quietly to make out, I pulled the blankets up to her chin. I sighed and looked down at her.

She was such a heavy sleeper, I was the one who was always alert. I hardly slept anymore, trying to keep us safe. We had quite a bounty on our heads, we had killed too many people over the last few months, we were a threat to the King.

He’d start sending men after us, and we’d have to be on our toes.

I walked around to the other side of the bed, climbed under the sheets and pulled Lillith back towards me. She adjusted to me easily until we were like a puzzle piece. Her head rested near my neck so my chin laid comfortably on top of her head.

I looked around the room and kept my eyes open for anything out of the ordinary.

---


When the sun started to filter through the window and light up the previously rainy sky, Lillith stirred. It was like clockwork, the sun came into the room and we both woke up. I hadn’t slept though. I unwound my arms and she rolled out of them, yawning and stretching. She looked back at me, still half-asleep.

“What are you doing in here?” She asked, too tired to glare. I smirked and pulled her back to me, and climbed on top of her to restrain her.

“You’re so vulnerable when you’re tired. You sleep heavy and when you wake up, you’re too slow.” I whispered and felt her muscles tighten. She wouldn’t be able to throw me off even if she was wide awake, I was just heavier than her and used that to my advantage.

“How did you get in here?” She asked again. I settled down against her so that I was practically laying on her, but I still had her arms above her head and I was holding myself up with my elbows.

“I have a secret key. I simply waited half an hour, and let myself in.” I told her and she pushed up against me. I didn’t move.

“You’re going to have to try harder than that. Promise you wont throw anything else at me,” I said. She rolled her eyes.

“I promise I wont throw anything else at you. You have my word, now get off me,” She grumbled.

I leaned down and kissed her.

I think at first, she meant to remain mad at me and resist, but she kissed back nonetheless. I pulled back and kissed her jaw, moving her neck. She gave me full access. I released her wrists and pulled myself up so that she would move more freely. She arched her back and pulled me back to her lips, but wound her legs around my waist to keep me in place.

The kissing grew more heated and soon I was tugging at her shirt. I pulled it off swiftly and kissed her stomach. She knotted her hands in my hair and let out a breathy moan. I bit and kissed from her navel back up to her lips, biting her lip, sucking on it, then releasing the swollen delicacy.

“Still mad at me?” I asked against her flesh, tugging the sweatpants from her legs. She kissed me hard.

“Yes,” she answered and I chuckled.

“You’re always mad at me.” I mumbled. She chuckled and took out the little foil package that would allow us to finish the deed I had started.

---


We stayed inside for most of the day, too lazy and tired to do much else.

At around 9 that night, there was a knock at the door. I got up from the couch, where we were both watching cartoons and checked the peephole. A delivery man stood on the other side, holding a package.

I should have noticed the time and how odd it was that a delivery man was even working after noon.

But I ignored Lillith’s whispered question as to who it was and pulled the door open slowly. The man smiled, told me to sign the paper on the clipboard, and handed me the box once I had signed my signature. Once the box was in my hands, he pulled out a gun with a silencer attached. He pulled the trigger and I felt the bullet rip through my shoulder.

I ground my teeth and threw the box down, and pulled the man inside. He hadn’t expected that, the moment the door was closed, I gripped his head in both of my hands and twisted his head swiftly to the left. His spinal cord snapped and he fell to the ground, dead. Lillith was standing, shell shocked.

Then, instead of helping me, she grew pissed.

“What the fuck have I told you about just opening the door?” She screamed and walked forward. She rose her hand to slap me and I caught her hand before it landed. I threw her back against the wall and my eyes narrowed.

“I may be just another pawn in your game for power, Lillith, but I am your partner. Without me, you’d get no where,” I spat and her eyes widened at my anger. The hand I wasn't holding rose up and dug into the bullet wound in my shoulder. I gasped and released her. She brought me to my knees, tears were building up from the pain. It hurt worse than the actual bullet going through the skin, bone and muscle.

“You may be my partner, but you’re nothing to me. Nothing but a moron who helps me kill and I fuck for my own pleasure,” she growled. I pushed her away, regained my strength and threw on a jacket, even though I was still bleeding.

“Where are you going?” She asked, still pissed. I walked from the apartment without a word to her or a look back. I walked for a few blocks until my own anger was gone. Then I went into a bathroom in a random cafe and checked my bullet wound. It wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been, it would heal up in a couple weeks, but there was no way I was going to a hospital. They asked too many questions.

I took a lighter out of my pocket, broke a metal piece off of a stall door and began to heat up the metal, protecting my hand with the thick fabric of my jacket.

Once the metal was heated enough, I bit down on the sleeve of my jacket and cauterized the wound. The flesh sizzled as it closed and stopped bleeding. Once I was happy with the results, I threw out the metal piece, slipped my jacket back on, put the lighter back in my pocket and left the bathroom. I ordered two dozen donuts, two coffees and a dozen brownies.

With the treats taking up both hands, I walked home, and let myself back into the apartment. I laid the drinks and boxes of treats on the table. I sipped at my coffee, grabbed a plate, added three donuts to it and sat down on the couch next to a silent Lillith.

“I got you a coffee, I bought donuts and brownies too. Have whatever you want.” I grumbled and kept my eyes on the television. Lillith nodded and got up. I put my coffee and donuts down and leaned back into the couch, exhausted.

Lillith came back around, her hands empty and straddled my waist. I raised an eyebrow at her. But she didn’t say anything. She simply leaned forward, and slipped my jacket off, then the shirt to look at my handiwork. She kissed the surrounding area, then leaned back to look me in the eyes.

“Those were angry words Justin.” She whispered, as if she actually cared.

“But they were the truth. You don’t see me as anything but a pawn in your play for power.” I told her firmly, because it was the truth. She didn’t have anything to say, she couldn’t apologize. I shifted and she backed off. I got up and went to the bathroom. I started the water, kept it on the hottest setting and sat against the door. I watched the steam fill up the room until it got hard to breath. I stayed in the bathroom until the water began to run cold and the steam began to dissipate. I turned off the water and sat back down against the door.

After a long time, I got up and left the bathroom to find the rest of the apartment dark and the bedroom door closed. I went out and laid down on the couch, willing myself to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D Yeah, so goon is my new co-author, she does a good job at portraying Lillith. I hope you guys like the story so far, don't be silent readers!