Status: Slow, but active

Your Love Is My Drug

New Chapter

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, infinitely fair-minded and most importantly a fierce, fierce friend. Now I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort. The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this, but not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory." Dumbledore spoke out to the school body as we joined together before we left, and I used all of my power not to start crying at the mentioning of Cedric’s name.

It was the last day at Hogwarts for everyone, in the afternoon we would all be leaving the castle for summer vacation. I was returning to France with the girls from Beauxbatons but from there I was staying at the house my parents left me in Paris for two weeks before going to Hermione’s house.

“Can we talk?” Harry asked softly coming up to me as I just stood against a wall after
Cedric’s memorial service ended.

I nodded following him out the front doors of the school, “A few days ago I was going to ask you to officially be my girlfriend. But after the recent events and with Voldemort being back, I don’t think it would be the safest thing for you” he admitted softly.

I simply just stared at him for a few minutes before nodding, all I wanted now was to get away from him and everyone else. All I wanted was to be alone and so far no one would do that, there were all watching me carefully as if I was going to attempt to hurt myself anytime soon, “If you excuse me, the carriage will be leaving soon and I need to say goodbye to Hermione” I told him.

“You’re not taking the train back?” he asked confused.

I shook my head; “I’m staying in Paris for a bit” I told him softly as I walked away from him and started looking for Leah who was saying goodbye to Hermione and Ron.

“You talked to Harry?” Hermione inquired.

I nodded as I turned to Leah, “Let’s start heading towards the carriage so we can get good seats” I murmured, she only nodded in response. Everyone had been doing that, tip-toeing around their answers to make sure I didn’t have another fit and start the water works, they didn’t want to be stuck doing that.

“Can you stop doing that?” I snapped at her.

“Doing what?” she asked shocked that I had snapped at her.

“Just that, pretending that I’m a mental mess and can’t handle you guys telling me the honest truth” I hissed.

“Just because Cedric died doesn’t mean I’m mental person! Alright, so what if he died? It’s Cho’s job to cry, not mine” I murmured as I started crying again, only to have Leah wrap her arms around me as she let me let it all out.

“Come on, let’s get you into the carriage” she murmured steering me towards the way we
would be getting home.

“Do you want to fix your makeup?” she asked softly handing me a tissue, I shook my head fixing the mascara that made me look like a raccoon.

“Will you need me to be there with you in Paris? My parents won’t care” she inquired as I
used her shoulder as I pillow.

I shook my head; “No, I need some time by myself. Cedric just died and Harry ended things with me. It’s best if I just use this as a distraction until I start term at Hogwarts” I murmured.

“I’m going to miss you so much” Leah admitted

I sent her a weak smile; “I’m going to miss you too. But that just means that we’ll have more
shopping trips in Paris” I assured her, thankful that she had gotten my mind of the earlier subject.

“Yes, and we’ll spend more time at the beach and tanning” she added grinning.

Chuckling I hugged her; “This was some year” I noted.

“I fell in love and you learned to care about a guy” she murmured.

“How are you about Seamus?” I asked her softly.

“I’m doing ok, it made sense to end things when he lives here and I live in France. It would have ended worse if it had continued” she reasoned out.

She had a good point, why put yourself through that knowing it would be worse if they ended over mail.

“So are you going to miss these uniforms?” Audrey asked grinning as she sat on my other side.

Laughing I said yes, I was going to miss these uniforms after spending four years with them. It was a new chapter in my life, something I would have preferred if my parents had been there but they were in a better place even if it was there on the side to help me make decisions in my life.

“You promise to write once a week? And tell us how boring Hogwarts is compared to Beauxbatons?” Audrey interrogated causing me to laugh more.

“What am I going to do when I need someone to cheer me up?” I asked them softly.

“Think back to our wonderful memories, those should keep you busy for a year” Leah noted smirking.

I hugged the both of them, wanting to savor the last few moments I would have with them. But I knew my decision to transfer to Hogwarts would turn out well in the end, even if it all would be a new thing for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's somewhat short. I just couldn't think of a way to end this sense i've started writing the sequel.