Relapse.

Chapter 11.

I watched Frank and Gerard dance around the room as I reached for another beer. I took a swig of it, loving the burning feeling in my throat and smiled. I missed this, the whole just the three of us thing.

“Ruby,” Gerard slurred. “Do you have anymore beer?” he asked, shaking some empty bottles. I nodded and pointed at one. He smirked and took a swig.

“Much better,” he sighed, taking another sip.

****************

Mike’s hands were twitchy. He wasn’t thinking straight. He had to find Ruby before it was too late. He wasn’t happy or proud of what he did to Ruby. He had to fight himself to not his kiss her back, he had felt so unimportant to her when he found out she lied, he wanted to get back at her. He would give everything in his power to go back in time and stop himself from doing that.

“Mike,” a voice said, shaking him from his thoughts. He looked at a worried Riley.

“I hate myself,” Mike mumbled.

“Why?” she asked. Mike explained everything he was feeling, hoping to make some sense of it all.

“You love her,” Riley whispered. Mike nodded solemnly.

“And all I can think about is what would have happened if I had kissed her back,” Mike said.

“We’ll find her Mike,” Riley sighed.

“I just hope we’re not too late,” Mike said.