Relapse.

Chapter 3.

Chapter 3.

There was nothing there. Mike and Pete looked at me and I laughed. They look at each other and back down at my arms. I yanked my hand out of Mike’s firm grasp and rolled my sleeve down.

“Believe me now?” I hissed at him. I glared at them and they nodded. “What did you expect to find? Bruises? Cuts? Puncture wounds?” I questioned, pushing them so I could get passed them. I sat over by William and looked at him. Mike followed me. He sat down next to me and looked at me.

“Puncture wounds?” he asked stupidly. I sighed and smacked my head.

“As in shooting up? Did no one pay attention in health?” I shouted. Mike laughed.

“Nope. That’s where I slept,” Mike smiled. I smiled and shook my head. He laughed lightly. William looked at the both of us.

“You know, you two seem like your dating,” William mentioned. Mike and I looked at each other, and we both burst out laughing.

“Me...And...Mike?” I laughed, wiping a tear from the corner of my right eye. Mike just kept laughing. This isn’t the first time someone’s said that. Riley said it just yesterday. You see, since Monday, Mike and I have been like instant best friends. It’s like add one part Mike, one part Ruby and one part common interests, one part water and stir!

“Wow, it wasn’t that funny,” Pete said. “All you two do is talk to each other,” he said. He pointed at me. “You play with his hair, and visa versa. It’s an easy mistake,” Pete finished. Again, I looked at Mike, who looked at me. He blushed a little and so did I. It was Will and Pete’s turn to laugh. Mike wedged his hand between my back and the couch. He pushed me closer to him and whispered, “Those two are jackasses.” I laughed.

“I agree,” I whispered back.

“And now you two are whispering too! And Mike’s arm is around your waist Ruby!” William pointed out. Mike’s arm disappeared and he looked at his feet.

“You guys are jackasses,” I muttered. Pete looked at the two of us sitting on the couch.

“You two would make a good couple though,” Pete mentioned. I looked at Mike. He was turning red. I laughed. I just wish I could tell them the truth, about what was under the sleeves and the makeup.