Relapse.

Chapter 4.

“Welcome to life on a tourbus,” Gabe Saporta, lead singer of Cobra Starship, said. He smiled at me. “It’ll suck for the first month seeing as you guys don’t have any experience with it, but it’ll be okay. If you can sleep in a moving vehicle lying on the ground, you’ll be fine,” he sighed. I wasn’t listening to him one bit. I was texting Mike about pancakes. We talk about the randomist things. I took off my sweatshirt and I showed my short sleeve shirt. I had finally decided to stop wearing long sleeves but double the makeup.

“So Ruby, tell me something about yourself,” Gabe said, sitting next to me. I looked at him.

“I eat waffles out of bowls,” I shrugged, going back to my texting. Gabe laughed.

“That wasn’t what I meant, but okay. How do you eat waffles out of a bowl?” Gabe questioned, giving me a mischievous grin. I shrugged.

“Toast them, rip them up, put them in a bowl, and add syrup,” I said shortly, still looking at my phone. Gabe sighed.

“Can you please look up?” he asked. I tried tearing my eyes away from the tiny screen. I finally did. I looked at Gabe’s brown eyes.

“There. Can I go back to what I was doing?” I asked, my thumbs starting to shake a little. Gabe shook his head.

“You see, I like to learn a little about the people I work with,” he said, patting my leg. I smirked.

“Well, you learned how I eat waffles. Go ask Riley about eyeliner,” I said, going back to my sidekick. Gabe stood up and walked away. Victoria sat down next to me.

“I have a question for you, why is there makeup all over your sweatshirt sleeves?” she asked, taking my sidekick and showing me my sleeves. I shrugged.

“I wore that last Halloween, it must have rubbed off,” I shrugged. Victoria rubbed the sleeve and showed me her hand.

“It’s fresh,” she sighed. Gabe looked at me.

“Is there anything you want to tell us?” Gabe asked, crossing his arms. I gave him a look that showed no emotion.

“No. There isn’t,” I said, taking my sweatshirt and putting it back on. I grabbed my sidekick and went into my bunk. I guess I was wrong.