Relapse.

Chapter 6.

Mike turned to face me. “What stupid mistakes did you make?” he asked. I gave him a confused look.

“Why do you care Mike?” I asked, trying to avoid the subject. He grabbed my hands and pushed up one of my sleeves. There were no marks.

“There’s nothing there!” I said. He rubbed at my arm, like there was makeup there. Still, there were no marks. He let go. It’s a good thing he didn’t look at my other arm. That would be a completely different story.

“Do you believe me now?” I asked softly, my voice cracking. He nodded, not looking at me, rather at the ground.

“I can’t believe that you don’t trust me,” I hissed. “Some best friend you are,” I said. I grabbed my bag and stormed out of the room. I walked into the elevator and went down two levels. I knocked on Riley’s and Victoria’s door. When Riley opened the door, I was crying.

“Ruby! What happened?” Riley asked, pulling me into the room. She sat me down on her bed. Victoria looked up from her laptop.

“Ruby, what’s wrong?” she asked. I sniffled and wiped my eyes.

“Mike is an asshole,” I said simply. “He doesn’t even trust me over the whole makeup and sweatshirt thing. It’s nothing and no one will believe me,” I said. Riley nodded. She didn’t believe me, but my band knows the truth.

“He just cares about you,” Victoria said.

“Then why would he do that?” I asked.

“He was worried you were hurting yourself,” she said.

“Well, I’m not,” I sighed.

“Whatever,” Victoria said. She looked back down at her laptop. She started to type away. Someone knocked on the door and Riley opened it.

“Mike! What the hell are you doing here? You fucking made her cry,” Riley hissed.

“Riley, I need to talk to her,” Mike said.

“No!” Riley exclaimed. I heard Mike sighed.

“Well Gerard Way and Frank Iero are looking for her,” he said. Oh crap.