Relapse.

Chapter 7.

I walked downstairs to the pool, where I was greet by two familiar but unwanted faces. Frank Iero and Gerard Way.

“Hello Ruby!” Gerard exclaimed. He looked different from the last time I saw him. He looked...sober. Something I don’t think I’ve ever seen Gerard as.

I growled at him. “Shut up and go away,” I said, going to turn out the door, but Frank was standing in the way. He smirked at me.

“You look sober,” Gerard said. I turned to face him.

“Gerard, shut it. I’ve worked hard to erase that part of my life, and I don’t need telling everybody about my past,” I said, advancing on him. He stood his ground. Frank, however, grabbed my arm, yanked up the sleeves and rubbed at it with his wet hand. The makeup came off to show puncture wounds.

“I think you’ll out yourself,” Frank smirked, releasing my arm. I looked at my arm in horror and pulled my sleeve back down.

“Frank! What in the hell do you think your doing?” I squealed. I glared at both of them and then ran out. I ran up the stairs, instead of wasting my time with an elevator and towards the fourth floor, I ran smack into Mike. I let out an ‘eep!’ and fell to the ground. Mike leaned down and picked me up. He looked at my sleeve.

“Why is your sleeve wet?” Mike asked. No ‘Are you okay?’ or ‘Where were you?’ but a ‘Why is your sleeve wet?’ and that made me angry. I crossed my arms, careful to press my wet one against my chest. Mike grabbed my arm and pried it off of the wet one. He pushed up the sleeve and looked at my arm. I turned my head and closed my eyes. I felt his hand trace the path between punctures, like connect the dots.

“Ruby,” he said. He stayed silent for a minute. “You did drugs, didn’t you?” Mike whispered, clearly shocked. I nodded. He let go of my arm and walked away. That’s when it all came crashing in. Mike wasn’t going look at me the same again. I wasn’t going to look at myself the same way again. Then, another thing came crashing.

I love Mike.