Relapse.

Chapter 9.

Mike seemed stiff against my lips. I kissed him for about three seconds, and then pulled away. I went for the door.

“I’m sorry. You don’t have to worry about me lying to you anymore,” I mumbled. I walked out of the room. I walked into the elevator, but never pressed a button. I sat in the corner of the elevator, crying. After a while, the elevator started to go down. When the door opened, Gerard and Frank saw me.

“Are you okay?” Frank asked, bending down next to me. I shook my head. Gerard walked into the elevator, but didn’t press a button either. They both sat down next to me.

“Do you know what will make you feel better?” Gerard asked. I looked at him. He reached into his pocket and pulled out....a syringe. He looked at me.

“No, Gerard,” I said. I shook my head.

“Come on. It’ll make you feel better,” he said in a singsong voice. I felt Frank push up my sleeve.

**************

I was giggling as Gerard, Frank and I made our way to the car.

“Who’s driving?” I giggled. Gerard raised his hand. Frank and I sat in the back, giggling as Gerard drove. I had no idea where we were going.

“Here we are,” Gerard said. I looked out the window. The abandoned hospital. The home of drug addicts and dealers alike. I got out of the car and ran for the door. A man who sat at what was once a desk looked at me. He smiled.

“Well, well, well. There’s breaking the habit,” he smirked. I walked up to the desk.

“I need a room, a six pack, and some more drugs,” I giggled. He nodded.

“You know the deal,” he said. I nodded and handed him a couple hundred. He stood up. here we go again.