Status: I hope you enjoy my new project.

Why Does It Have To Be This Way?

5

If school hours were limited, I guess that would be cool. I wake up on my first day of school. I was officially in the 7th grade. I jumped out of bed, brushed my teeth, and headed back to my room. I opened up my closet, today after school, I was going to go to ballet class. I was going to have to bring ballet clothing with me. I grabbed my black skirt and white t-shirt along with my pair of black flats. I take a shower and was happy that my cast was coming off today. I ate breakfast, surprised to see that my mother wasn’t home. And just like when I was 4, my father was giving up again. Not on me of course, but life all together. The beatings were getting more brutal for him. After I got done eating I ran up my steps and to my room. I grabbed my ballet bag and put a package o hair pins and ponytails in my bag, tights, my black leotard, and my white tutu, following my pink ballet shoes. Today was a big day for me at dance class. After school, the cast was coming off, then me and my father will go straight to dance class. Donna started up in dance class as well when she was 3. She isn’t as gifted as I am but she still has some talent in dancing. Surprisingly, Matty was not what a father would want for a son. Matty has early signs of being gay. Xavier on the other hand, was straight and was turning twelve in January. Matty sadly joined ballet class last year. I ran out of my room grabbing Xavier’s hand. “Come on Xavier! It’s your first day of Middle School for you!” I shouted with joy for my little brother. Daniel met up with me at the end of the street. He walked with me and Xavier. “Daniel today is going to be a great day!” He smiled. “Really. What’s going on?” I laughed. “Well after school, I get my cast off and immediately after that, Ms. Margaret is going to tell me if I am ready for Pointe or not! And if I am, she’s taking me to be fitted for Pointe shoes!” He smiles at the sound of my excitement. When we reach the school Xavier smiles at all the girls he thinks are cute. I roll my eyes and head toward my class because I knew the schedule. Daniel was in almost every single class with me including lunch. I see some familiar faces from last year stare at me then whisper. “Hey look we got her again.” “Oh I wonder what’s her excuse for attention today, a broken arm, maybe a cracked rib?” They all start laughing then turn around to face me. “Hello April. Feel free to rain on me about what happened to your arm.” I smile yet hurt that they think I want attention. “I broke it. I get my cast off after school today. I’ve had it on all summer long.” They laughed at my sympathy and stopped once again. “Wait how, and how are you always hurt?” I close my eyes and begin to feel fear of them knowing. “I…I just- I get hurt a lot because I am not careful. I broke my arm while climbing a rock wall and falling off.” They started to laugh. “Well then. Why are you always hurt you never get hurt this much if you’re not careful?” I start to get annoyed. “What business is it to you anyway? Huh?” They turn around sensing I don’t want to be bothered. The bell rang and I went to my other classes.
By the end of the school day, I raced out of the building and into my father’s car. The doctor took the scary sharp blade to cut the cast off. My arm was free and able to move again. My arm smelled pretty weird and they gave me a brace to put on and to keep on for a couple of weeks. I honeslty didn’t have to wear it but wore it anyway. I walked to the Dance studio and went into the dressing room. I hurried up and changed quickly. I tied my hair back into a neat bun as well. I took my brace off to let my body move freely including my arms. She studied my ankles and smiled. “April you are ready sweetheart.” Ms. Margaret’s name is Andrea and I call her Andrea in the studio because she likes me to call her by her name. The biggest smile appeared on my face at that very moment. I gave Andrea a hug. She responds with the same smile and hug. “You’ve earned it April.” My dad smiles. The 3 of us go out to find me Pointe shoes. Pink satin shoes were the dreams of every single ballerina. I had ribbons to sew on and ouch pouches to put into my shoes. We were going to get started immediately tomorrow. Today was a great day for many new things that happened. And Daniel, he won’t stop looking at me in the way that he does. I just don’t understand it.
Daniel and I were hanging out on a beach, watching the water go calm and look as smooth as silk. It was sunset. We looked years older than we were now, but he put his hand on my cheek and smiled. “You are so beautiful.” I smiled and nod my head. Why was I nodding my head. What was happening? All of a sudden my body leaned into his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, my laptop needs to be rebooted