The End Of Book Search

IV

It was the man from the party. How did he know I was here he thought. While staring at the man Steve realized that he didn’t know who this man was.

“Are you friends with Rose?”

“No.”

Steve didn’t understand. “So then how did you were you at my party? Who are you?”

“I’m a man who knows how you feel.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Why are you here?”

Such a simple question, yet Steve didn’t know how to answer it.

‘Well I guess it’s because I wanted to see what was so special about this place. How it made you feel better. ”

“Nonsense, the reason you came here is because you feel lonely. Because you’re tired of everything, and want to start all over again, you came here because it’s new, because this could somehow be a new start to something. Well you’re in luck. I’m offering you an escape. I’m here to help. ”

Steve just stared at the stranger. How was this man, whom he never met before understand me so well he thought. It was true; Steve was tired of his life, Rose had been the only

thing keeping him where he was. She was the only reason he was still here at all. His book was going nowhere, and his career was at a standstill. This man was right.

“How do you know?” Steve asked.

The stranger stared at him. “Because I’ve been there” he replied. “I want to help you. I was never blessed with the good fortune of having someone help me, and because of that; I want
to help others. Give them what I never got. Wouldn’t you want to go to a place where no one knows you? Where you can be someone new? Where you can start everything again, but this time do it right? Doesn’t that sound good?” What do you have to lose?”

The man was right; Steve didn’t have anything to lose.

“Okay, I’ll do it. I’ll go with you.”

The stranger smiled, “you won’t regret making this choice. I promise.”

He gave Steve a wink and turned to walk. Steve stood there for a second and started after him. He caught up and started walking with him. This was it; he was going to be a new man. He walked past Holy Name School and a thought came to his head: I bet this would make a good story, and smiled to himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End