And All Things Will End

Turn The Page

Jessica Gibson was an ordinary girl when she lived in Los Angeles, California. She attended a community college and graduated with her Bachelors degree but after a few years of working in an office and being bored out of her mind she decided that she wanted to make more of herself. Do something fun and crazy. She had the perfect solution. She was going to move to Sin City.

Las Vegas let her escape her boring life of organizing papers and setting meetings for people she did not care for. She was 28 working in a bar at Hard Rock Casino. She loved it. She was having fun while working. She liked interacting with people and having a great time. She liked meeting all the bands that would preform there at The Joint, too.

Vegas did completely change her though. She went from sweet and innocent girl in LA, to tattooed and pierced. She liked her tattoos. It somehow expressed herself. Each one of her tattoos had a meaning and there was a story behind every single one of them. She had a few that reminded her of her childhood in New York and others that told her story of living in LA. She had a tattoo in honor of Dimebag Darrel on her shoulder. Kurt Cobain laid on her forearm. She had planned to get a Paul Gray one but she never got around to it.

Everyone picked up the habit of calling her Jessi. Jessica obviously didn't fit the tattooed, black haired, pierced girl. She actually preferred being called Jessi.

"Hey, Jessi." A man called from the end of the bar.

She looked over and smiled when she met his face. "Hey, Bobby. Let me guess a shot of Jack and a Guinness on the side?" She asked, while rubbing her chin.

"You know me to well." He admitted with a smile.

"Bobby, you are here every weekend. I practically know your schedule." She said as she poured the shot of the finest whiskey known to man.

"Well, what can I do? I got an alcoholic wife and an asshole teenager for a kid."

"So you run away to gamble and drink?" She wondered to herself for a few seconds. "Smart move." She handed him the beer and shot.

"What can I get you, hun?" She asked the man who had just sat down at the bar and who eyed the different types of alcohol behind her.

"Yeah, I heard the Sour Jack's were good. I'll take one of those and your number if you don't mind." He said with a smirk spread across his face.

"Sorry to break your hopes but I have a boyfriend." She lied, giving a warm smile to him.

It's not that this guy wasn't attractive. She just didn't want to have the complications of having a boyfriend. Making sure he's not cheating and the way they follow you around like they're your puppy just made her more afraid of ever committing to anyone. She didn't want to answer to other people. She answered to herself and that's it.

"So, who was that guy at the bar?" Rachel asked in her heavy country accent.

"No one, Rach." Jessi told her.

"You sure about that? Girl, you need to get a boyfriend. Your favorite part of the day is coming to work."

"Hey, I go out and on dates." She paused for a few seconds. "No one is right for me. I like being single."

"No girl likes being single." Rachel said, giving her a smile and walking out from the break room.

So she didn't like being single. She didn't like have no one in her life to share it with but she liked her freedom.

"Jess, did you here who's playing at the Joint next Saturday?" Her fellow employee, Kevin asked in an excited tone.

She looked up from wiping down the bar and shook her head lightly. "Who's playing? Anyone good?"

"Avenged Sevenfold is playing." He said, just about jumping up and down. She knew Avenged Sevenfold was Kevin's favorite band. She enjoyed there music but wasn't a huge fan.

"Really? That's awesome. Are you working next Saturday?"

"See, that's why I wanted to talk to you." He said hesitantly.

"Let me guess, you want me to take over your shift on Saturday?" It wasn't so much of a question to her. She knew that's what he wanted.

"Would you?" He pleaded.

"Of course." She gushed. "If Dimebag came back to life and Pantera played one last show, I would sell my soul to see it. Just tell me how it is. Record it or something." She smiled at him and he nodded.

If it wasn't Kevin's favorite band then she wouldn't have covered his shift and she would have gone to the concert.

For some reason, she wanted next Saturday to come sooner then what it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter of my new story!
I hope you all like it seeing as I already had 10 subscribers on just the summary [:
I love you all!
All that I ask for is some feedback;<33