Vengeance

Lady Gena

“Zacky?” the platinum blonde woman asked surprisedly as she opened up the door. She threw her arms around him and hugged him hard, tears making their way down her cheeks. “What are you doing here? I heard what happened, you must leave this town, now! Synyster’s planning on killing you Zacky!” she sobbed.

“Gena, calm down,” Zacky whispered soothingly into her ear. “I’ll be just fine, okay?”

“No, you won't, Zacky. Didn’t you hear what I just said? They’re going to kill you!” Gena cried desperately. “You must leave this town, now! If not you’ll die!”

When Zacky didn’t respond to this Gena started at him, her eyes widened with horror. “Zacky, please don’t do this. Kendra wouldn’t have wanted-”

“Kendra is dead! And I’m to blame! There’s nothing I can do to bring her back. I may as well rot in hell! I deserve it! I’ve ruined so many lives, including my own!” Zacky blurted out furiously.

“And what good can you do six feet underground, Zacky? You say you want to set things right, well dying isn’t the way to do it! Suicide is the coward’s way out, Zacky! I won’t let you have yourself killed!” Gena raged at him, her green-blue eyes glistening dangerously. “And don’t I mean anything to you? I fucking love you Zachary!”

Taken back Zacky slumped down on a chair, burying his face in his hands. He didn’t sob, just cried soundlessly, the tears finding their ways through the gap between his fingers. He sat like that for a while, and Gena patiently watched him with tear-filled eyes.

Zacky finally raised his head and laid his bright blue eyes on Gena. “You’re right,” he said quietly. “I can’t make a difference by getting myself killed.”

Gena gave a sigh of relief. “Finally you’ve come to your senses,” she said. “You must leave tonight-“

“Who said I was leaving?” Zacky interrupted her. “You must leave, Gena. I can’t let anything happen to you. I must stay and fight for this city. I may not be able to save it, but I must try, even if it’s going to cost my own life. I have to do this Gena. I owe it to this city. I owe to my sister...”

“Zacky...” Gena whispered, looking abruptly taken back. There was no use in arguing with him, he had his mind set, she could tell from the look in his eyes. “I won’t leave you here. I’ll do what I can to help,” she held up a finger to Zacky’s lips as he was about to object. ”You can’t make me leave, darling. I’m staying too, whether you like it or not.” Gena had her mind set too, Zacky could tell by edge in her voice and he knew better than to object.

With a dejected sigh, he pulled Gena closer to him and hugged her hard. “You’ll have to be very careful, Gena. Synyster mustn’t find out whose side you’re really on and if he does, you have to give me your word that you’ll get the hell out of here. Can you promise me that?” Zacky spoke to her in a low grave voice and pulled her back a little so he could look her straight in the eyes. Gena nodded at him and attempted a reassuring smile that turned out weak.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think so far.