Vengeance

Zacky Vengeance

“Johnny, watch out!” Zacky alerted his companion just in time so that he could duck to avoid a punch being thrown at him. The two men, one considerably shorter than the other, ran for their lives from a group of men shooting after them with handguns. They managed to get across the parking lot and plunge into the forest, protected by the darkness of the night.

Meanwhile, Gena was worriedly pacing back and forth in her apartment, biting her nails nervously. This had, during the last couple of weeks, become a quite common scenario. No matter how many times Gena had been through this process, she could never grow used to it. She loathed and dreaded the seemingly endless waiting. The intense worry made her feel sick and not knowing what was going on was even worse. Worst of all though, was the lack of power she had to influence the outcome of her loved one’s recurring rebellions against the trading of illegal substances.

With a loud crack the door to Gena’s apartment burst open, the handle leaving a mark on the wall. Gena was startled to say the least and looked up at the visitor, surprised. Realizing it was Synyster Gates her grey-blue eyes narrowed and she crossed her arms as she glared at him.

“What did you do that for? Look what you did to my wall!” she said irritably. Syn raised an eyebrow and smirked arrogantly as he balefully approached her. Gena backed away from him until her back pressed against a wall. With a sinister smile Syn hovered over the blonde woman and stared dangerously at her.

“Oh Gena, where’s your manners? Is this how you greet an old friend?” he asked in a low voice, breathing out cigarette smoke in her face. She pushed him away and tried to walk past him, but was blocked by him holding out his arms in front of her.

“Do you mind?” Gena asked angrily and stared into his dangerously dark eyes. “I’m not afraid of you, Gates.” He stared back at her with what looked like a mixture of amusement and great interest.

“If you say so,” he replied scornfully and let her by.

“What are you doing here anyway, Gates?” Gena asked with a dirty look at Syn. His smirk faded slightly and some of the earlier shown fury seemed to come back to him.

“You’re surely not in the position to speak to me like that, Gena. Your boyfriend and his short shit for a friend just got in the way for another major deal!” Syn informed her, his dark eyes glistening dangerously with fury.

“And... did you catch them?” Gena asked, her throat was getting dry and she tried hard not to let her true emotions show. Syn’s dark glare spoke for itself ‘no’. Usually Gena would have been filled with relief at such news, but something about Synyster’s way of looking at her sent unpleasant shivers down her spine.

“Now Gena, how come you didn’t object when I referred to that scum as your boyfriend? You’re usually so keen on saying he used to be your boyfriend before he betrayed us all but is certainly not anymore,” Synyster pointed out, his dark brown eyes narrowed into slits as he stared at her.

“He’s not my boyfriend, Gates. Seriously, I haven’t seen him since that day. Why would I stay with him after what he did to all of us, his family? He’s a traitor. I’m deeply offended that you even suggest something like that!” As much as it hurt Gena to utter those words, she knew it was for a good cause. Zacky really needed all the inside information he could get and she was determined to do what it takes in order to help him. If they succeeded with their mission of saving the city, they’d finally be able to be together again, like they once used to be.

Syn stared intensely into the grey-blue eyes of Gena, as if he was trying to figure out if she was lying or not. “So you don’t have any feelings left for that scumbag at all?” he asked her mockingly. Gena had expected something among those lines and narrowed her eyes at him.

“How dare you?” she raised her voice at him, pretending to be deeply offended. “Do you know how much I’ve had to endure thanks to that bastard? He just left me to be judged by his mistakes! I loathe him. So don’t come here and say that I still love that useless piece of shit!” Gena was surprised to find herself slapping Gates in the face as silent tears overflowed her eyes.

As an even greater surprise, Synyster looked at her sympathetically for a moment before he pulled her into a comforting hug. Gena’s reaction to this was that she started to cry. Ironically Syn thought her tears were out of hate towards Zacky, when in fact they were out of hatred towards him, Syn.

“It’s okay Gena,” he murmured softly into her ear, awkwardly stroking her back. “I’ll make sure he’s going to pay for what he’s done.” At this Gena cried even harder, burying her face deeply into his toned chest. He somehow thought it was out of gratitude towards him, rather than increased worry for her beloved Zacky.

---

“They call him Vengeance nowadays,” a buff tattooed man called Matt told Synyster gruffly. “Because that’s what he wants with all this: to vengeance his sister’s death, and, as he put it, save this city from further decay.”

Synyster furiously stabbed the penknife found at the crime scene into the wooden desk in front of him. It had belonged to Zacky, now better known as Zacky Vengeance. Synyster himself had even given him the knife a few years back, before he changed, when he still was one of Synyster’s closest friends and companions.

“When you catch him, bring him to me so I personally can kill him for this,” Syn ordered darkly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, I really hope you like it.
And thanks for the comment StacieIerogeance :D