Love Like ***

I Left My Heart In California

Kacey's Point Of View

Gerard and I climbed onto the buss and stared at all the people on it. Gerard wasn't too good around people, but he'd be fine. Especially since I was with him. We walked down the isle and headed for the seat that was the farthest back and the farthest away from people. To our amazement we found the back right seat empty. Gerard put our bags in the compartment above the seat and then slid in next to the window, with me following.

"Have you ever been to Mexico?" I asked quietly.

He shook his head.

"Can you speak any Spanish?"

"A bit."

"A bit?" I choked out, "Like what? Hola?"

He glared, "I know the basics, okay."

I sighed and then rested my head on his shoulder, "Fine."

Silence over came them while the rest of the buss went on talking about God knows what.

And then I asked, "What are our plans for when we get there?"

"I've got another place there," he replied.

That made three buildings that he owned.

"How do you have so many places?"

"I just do," Gerard said sharply, getting pissed..

I sighed deeply and decided to shut up. I trusted Gerard, but I didn't like being led around like a child.

When they reached the California border the buss driver said, "Officially in California, The Golden State."

Gerard gagged to himself. There was nothing golden about California.

I opened my eyes and yawned. I must have fallen asleep. Not good, but I knew Gerard would be watching over me.

"Hey," Gerard whispered.

I smiled at him, "Hey."

While I was asleep I had forgotten about his now short, blond hair. I was expecting it to be black and long. O'well, I still loved him.

Wait. Loved?

Yes, I thought I loved him.

"We're now in California. About another four hours and we'll be at our stop."

"Goodie," I mumbled and then leaned my head back down to go back to sleep.

- - - - -

Gerard's Point Of View

It amazed me at how easily Kacey could fall asleep. We were in such a strange place and around people we didn't know. And yet she could just fall asleep, like they were at home.
I wrapped my arm around her protectively and laid a small kiss on her head. She was my angel and I wasn't going to let anything happen to her.

At the next stop a couple got on and sat in the seat across from them. I glared at them and held Kacey tighter. I didn't know why, but I didn't like them at all.

Maybe it was the way they looked and how they were smiling, oh so happily. I hated happy people. I liked to see them in pain.

Kacey stirred in her sleep and mumbled something so softly I couldn't hear it.

When the buss stopped in Fresno I shook Kacey awake.

She sighed, but got up fast, so I could get out and get the bags.

As I stepped off the buss I shivered. I hated this place, but it did hold a homey feeling too it. Probably because this was my hometown, where i was born and partly raised.

"You okay?" Kacey asked.

I nodded, "We need to catch a Taxi."
♠ ♠ ♠
=D