Status: hiatus. Slow updates

A Gentle Reminder, That Life is Unkind.

.02.

Jona Weinhofen's left leg bounced up and down impatiently after he sat down, adjusting himself for the immensely long flight to Asia so he can take the next one to London. It was going to be the longest day Jona has ever endured but the finish line, the finish line was his flat in South Yorkshire with the girl he loved. 

Emma made Jona worry. She was different from the rest, she was beautiful, there was no doubt in Jona's mind at how beautiful she was, but she was naive, vulnerable, easy to manipulate. She needed someone to look after her, and her destructive ways. But Emma was twenty-one, an adult, she could look out for herself but every time Jona would leave, it would take another stab to Emma. He hadn't heard from her in ages and that worried him. She hadn't answered her cellphone or their flat phone, she never returned his texts or Tom's, or Oli's or Lee's and this made Jona even more uneasy. 

Twenty-three hours and fifty two minutes till Jona would be walking through their flat door, kick his MacBeth's off, pull his jumper off and climb into the Egyptian cotton sheets and wrap his arms tightly around the girl who laid next to him, nuzzle his face in the crook of her neck where her fake red hair would lay in a mess. Her clean scent and porcelain skin. Jona bit his lip tightly, time couldn't be going by any slower. He imagined what kind of conversations he'd have with her, what had been going in with her, his family, her family since he's been gone. What was she doing now? What was she listening too? Where was she working? 

These questions started to upset him, why was she avoiding him? Why did she hate him? Did she still hate him? Is she getting rid of him?
Now the weight of the diamond ring in his backpack is if not was, going to feel like a million kilos. 
Jona's anxiety began to grow. He was always so sure of himself. So sure of everything and now, on a flight to Bangkok, he was doubting the women who was possibly asleep in their with another man, maybe even a woman. He didn't know anymore. He didn't know if she still loved him and would allow him back into their home. 
"Jona, you're turnin' red mate." Tom mumbled, nudging his arm with his elbow. 
"Wha? I'm not, I'm fine." Jona muttered quickly, fiddling with the loose string on his gym shorts. 
"Trust me mate, she misses ya, misses ya beyond comprehension. We both know Emma. She can't live without you." Tom attempted to cheer his friend up. 
Jona shrugged indifferently. His elbow falling onto the pull out tray, his head following after, resting his chin on the palm of his hand forcing his eyes to shut. 

Sixteen hours and thirty-four minutes till Jona could walk through that white wooden door, letting it slam behind him and the girl he loved running into the sitting room so he could wrap his arms tight around her waist, and kiss her soft damp lips. Wipe her tear stained face, kiss her lips again, lay in the Egyptian cotton sheets and hold her tiny body. 

Jona stood up from the seat, stretching his legs and decided to do a lap around the gate of the airport. He reached into the pocket of his shorts pulling the iPhone out and dialing the same number he'd been calling since he met Emma. 
It rang. 
Rang. 
Rang. 
Rang. 
The voicemail picked it up. 
Em? It's me, I miss you. I'm going to be home soon, I promise. Please, just call me back so I know you're okay, please? I love you Emma. Please, just let me know you're okay
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Jona. Jona loves me.

please note; this used to be a Rou Reynolds story. I changed my mind.