Status: hiatus. Slow updates

A Gentle Reminder, That Life is Unkind.

.04.

Up the stairs, second door on the right. Two-o-four. Jona slid the key into the bottom lock, it clicked. He took another deep breath. The backpack and duffle bag combo we're putting way too much weight on his shoulders. The early morning sunlight reflected itself off the metal railing of the flat stairs as Jona took another deep breath before pulling the key out of the bottom lock and into the top lock. It slid in effortlessly and clicked as he spun it around. Jona was beyond shocked she hadn't changed the locks. He shoved the key back in his trouser pockets. The early morning chill had already set in, not only in the flat but around the small city outskirts. 

Jona turned the knob cautiously, making the least noise as possible as he sneaked into the spotless flat and dropped his cases down silently before shutting the door and relocking it. A sigh of relief escaped his lips as he made it through the first obstacle. 

He smile began to grow as he saw the small vulnerable girl sound asleep on the sofa. She looked a mere fifteen verses the twenty-one years of age she had carried. Her hair no longer red but a rich creamy coffee coloured. Her skin was still close to transparent and her body was just now bones. Their flat, still as he remembered it, spotless and everything neatly in order due to Emma's OCD ways. 

Jona dragged his cases to their bedroom, pulling them in front of the wardrobe before pulling his jumper off and tossing it onto his case before kicking his grey MacBeths  off and setting them neatly in the wardrobe. He could already hear the pestering sound of her voice like she used too. 

Jona made his way back into the sitting room where Emma was wrapped tightly and asleep soundly. 
He kneeled down in front of her, reaching out and brushing the hair away from her face. She didn't even stir. Jona took another sigh and stood up, bending down and slipping his arm around her neck and under her knees and carried her to their bedroom setting her down delicately on the bed so would not wake her and quite possibly cause a fight. 
A fight was the last thing Jona Weinhofen could handle right now. He sleep deprived and absolutely guilty. 

Jona carefully unwrapped the blanket around her, straightening it out on the bed but still keeping her wrapped tightly in it. Jona unzipped his Peta2 jumper pulled off his shirt. He kept the torn up cut offs on and the black socks as he slid under the comforter and situated himself beside Emma. He took a deep breath. Jona still couldn't get over how different she looked. He was worried she changed for the worst. And that was his biggest fear, the girl he loved, the girl he loves turn into a whole different person the entire thirteen months he had been gone. He took another deep breath. 

"If you don't stop sighing, you're never gonna get any sleep tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jona<3