Status: hiatus. Slow updates

A Gentle Reminder, That Life is Unkind.

.05.

"I woke you up didn't I?" Jona mumbled, rolling over so he was facing Emma. Emma scanned over his scruffy features. At minimum, a year had gone by. His hair was shorter and he had given up shaving, the scruff suited him though. Emma reached out and touched Jona's cheek, the bristles tickling her finger tips. She had to make sure he was real and he was there. 
Emma never said anything to answer Jona's possibly rhetoric question. She really didn't have much to say. She missed him like bloody fucking hell. 
Part of her felt like it was necessary to pull the blanket off the bed and force to lay on the sofa but the the other part knew it was all her fault. She owed him her fucking life. Owed him everything she fucking had. 
He didn't leave her. He made it possible for her to contact him at every chance and she didn't do shit. 

Emma just smiled at him. Her small timid smiles that Jona seemed to adore. 
Jona. Jona. Jona." she mumbled shaking her head. The smile still on her face. "You worry to much." she whispered lightly pressing her lips to his cheek before scooting closer to him. His arms wrapping around her as she snuggled into him more. 

"I can't sleep." Jona whispered moments later. Emma rolled over facing him again. His arms around her waist and his face buried in her neck. Emma missed this. Emma missed this so much. Emma missed this more then could of ever realized whilst she was doubting him when he was in Australia. 

"You could never sleep." she whispered back pulling the covers further up covering her chest more. 

"I think I'm gonna give my eyes up for lent." he replied trying to hide a yawn. 

Another silence built itself as they both just laid there holding each other. Before Jona could muster up the courage to ask Emma the question that's been plaguing his mind for the past year. 
♠ ♠ ♠
This used to be a Rou Reynolds story.