Status: hiatus. Slow updates

A Gentle Reminder, That Life is Unkind.

.09.

A month later…
Jona knew he couldn't save her. This simply thought killed him the most. She was gone. She was long gone. The woman he fell in love with, the woman he wanted to marry was not the skeleton lying next to him. This one looked like her, smelled like her, perhaps even spoke like her. Jona knew this wasn't her. Jona hasn’t had sex in over a fucking year. This was killing him. Emma hardly let him touch her, let alone kiss her long enough for him to potentially get to put it in for old times sake.
The diamond ring felt like a burden, he needed his girl back. His bird. Jona loved Emma. He was more than positive that wasn't going to change. She was his everything, but everything was starting to turn into a large word and a vast amount of items that Jona was starting to find insignificant. Yet, he couldn't feel somewhat responsible for her being this way. For looking that way. Fuck. For even becoming that.
Frustration was building up. Jona knew one thing and one thing for sure. He created a big fuckin' mess.
He slung his arm over Emma's bony shoulder, sliding her body closer to his before nuzzling his face in her neck pressing his lips lightly against the warm flesh of her jugular.
"Wake up." he whined softly, his hands dropping to her waist. Jona's fingers slipping under the thin camisole rubbing the cool flesh between her bra and underwear; her ribs stuck out more than usual. Emma's hands grabbed Jona's pulling them away from her skin as she rolled over.
Jona took the time to really examine his girlfriend.
Her green eyes were sunken in and dull. Her hair rested limp against the pillow case and her skin a transparent color. She looked ill. Malnourished. Exhausted.
Emma's lips were stained red. Like she had been sucking the life out of someone, Jona knew that instead something was sucking the life out of her.

"Let's get some food." He told her, pressing his lips lightly on her nose. Emma made a soft sound of acknowledgement before sitting up.

&---&
She picked at her food. Her raw fruit; her fork chased the grapes around the parfait glass. She didn’t touch her drink or even bothered to make conversation. Jona was getting annoyed, but perhaps annoyed was the incorrect term to use. He was frustrated, concerned and completely and utterly appalled. He’d been home thirty-days. Thirty plus or minus days to be more exact. He’s lost track of time in her Tardis like home.

Jona Weinhofen was feeling unhappy. In the first time in his life.
He’d forgotten entirely about the diamond ring.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short, and it's so late. :)