Status: ACTIVE? :D

Tell Tale Heart

Chapter Two.

September 2005.
I took one last sip of my coffee before moving over to the sink and pouring the rest down the drain, it wasn't exactly the best coffee in the world, try the worst. I could really do with finding out where Greg has moved his secret stash of that special blue something coffee... Thinking of Greg's coffee reminded me I had to get back to his lab to see if he got anything from the swabs we got from the crime scene. I walked down the hall and opened the glass door to his lab, then i froze on the spot...he was singing loudly to himself...about me.

"Wake up in the morning feeling like Nick Stokes, grab my swabs (on this he grabbed the swabs from the crime scene and cut the end off one) I'm out the door, I'm gonna arrest some folks. Before I leave kick Sanders outta my sack, because when he stays for the night he ends up on his back!!"
I stared at him mouth open wide as he pranced around testing the DNA we had collected. I knew Greg always preferred to be around me than the other CSI's and I was very aware of his flirting but I just assumed it was nothing because Greg flirts with everyone. Now I kind of think I might have been wrong...maybe he was actually attracted to me?
"Urm...Sanders...?"

He froze on the spot and stopped singing immediately. I watched as he spun round and stared at me wide eyed.
"I was urm...just joking around," he said it quietly, and he was staring at the ground...I rarely see Greg this embarrassed by his goofing off, he has a tendency to just laugh a lot of stuff off and give a smirk but this time he looked like he was going to blow chunks.
I didn't want to push it any further so I just gave him a laugh and mentioned how that was the second time in one day he'd embarrassed himself in front of me. He responded with a weak smile.

I'm not gay.

I don't like guys, if Greg is attracted to me, if he likes me, then that's okay. But i can't return the feelings.
"So did you get anything from the case?" I asked after a couple seconds of awkward silence.
Greg nodded and handed me a sheet of DNA results "the blood on our victim’s hands, not hers. Belongs to Mr. Martin Checks."
I stared down at the paper as Greg left the room with his determined face on. When he came back he looked proud of himself.
"Martin Checks..." he held up a profile.
"Convicted last year for Grand Theft Auto, been missing for two days..."

I snatched the profile from him and stared down at Checks page. We have another body. I'm sure of it; our vic and him get into an argument, crime of passion. She hides Checks body then leaves for the airport trying to get out of Nevada and somehow...she ends up dead herself. I told Greg this theory and he smiled.
"Well there's nothing we can do until we find Checks body and the Coroner finishes with our vic," he pulled off his lab coat and walked in the direction of the lockers, I followed him my Forensic jacket in hand.
"I know this might seem bad...but could you give me a ride again? You know…cause my Candi is in the garage” I laughed and nodded, Greg's car was a piece of junk but he was in love with it. It was in the garage almost every other month and it was costing him a fortune but he was stubborn.

***
Greg crossed his legs over like a child once he was in the passenger seat; he fiddled around with the seatbelt for a moment or so before he finally got it buckled in. I laughed at him and rolled my eyes.
"Ready to go Greggo?"
He grinned and nodded "Yeah man, and thanks by the way, for the ride."
I nodded "Anytime partner."
I started the car and pulled out of my parking spot, i could see Greg getting comfy in the seat and staring out of the side window.
"You know I've never been inside your apartment" I commented to break the silence that had creeped into the car.
"You know...I think you're right" he laughed.

A comfortable silence settled itself around us as I focused my attention back on the road in front of me. Greg was fidgeting in his seat and playing with his hair as he approached his apartment block. I received a groggy, almost inaudible thank you as Gregg pulled himself up out of the car and dragged himself towards his home. With one last look I pulled out and headed home.

As I stopped the car in the drive way of my little house I noticed Greg had left his jumper on the passenger seat. I smiled and picked it up before climbing out of my car and going inside. His jumper smells pretty good...I don't know what he uses but it's nice. The jumpers next to me on the sofa...I have to confess it's almost as if he were sat right next me.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAII
Tis Correen :)

If you love CSI then please read this ;) Greg and Nick are clearly meant to be!

<3