A Story Within A Story

--------------------------
--------"There is a magic in that little world, home; it is a mystic circle that surrounds
-----------------comforts and virtues never known beyond its hallowed limits."

----------------------------------------------~ Robert Southey
-----------------------Image
She had never seen this place before; so warm and wonderful. Back home was covered in white and puffy snow. The snow happened to be a little gray near the roads, but other than that, it was quite the sight, to see newly fallen snow. But, like most times, she was not having any of it. She thought snow to be quite the dreadful little thing, and when she would set forth in it, usually the chilliness of the atmosphere struck her like a heavy weight to the chest.

What is this place? she would ask herself in her mind, for she had known that she was not in Milwaukee any more, and she positively did not go out of state. It was warm and the air was filled with this joy and everything around her greatly smelled of honey dew and warm bread - it almost made her mouth water.

It was when she heard what sounded, at least to her it did, like a horse coming towards her. Yet, when it came into sight, she now knew that it was no horse that she had heard. No, indeed, it was not a horse, but a man.

"Where am I?" she questioned, eying the creature with glassy eyes. She had never been in such a place in her whole life. She felt at peace, unlike herself back home where she felt anxious most all the time.

"Don't you know? You're in Narnia, my dear."

Author's Note I don't own any of the characters or plots in The Chronicles of Narnia, C.S Lewis does, however, I do own the plots that aren't in the series and my own characters that will make appearances through out the story. I would also like to point out that this is an AU type of story, therefore the rest of the books, save for TLTWATW, have not happened.