A Story Within A Story

prologue; a look into the future

-----------prologue; a look into the future

The silence was breathtaking, it was almost too breathtaking. The sun was not to be found on that one afternoon, yet, she could barely see at all, for she was a little more than blinded. Blinded by what, you might ask, she did not know. All she knew was there was no sound, no person or creature in sight, and there seemed to be no smell in the air, thought the atmosphere was rather stagnant

With a small quiver of the nerves, the girl took a step forward, watched below as her foot rose in the air, then came down again. She watched as the grass beneath her foot started to implode. She felt the crunch of it start to break under her foot's weight, but do you know what the odd thing was? She could not hear it. No sound, at all, came from the crunch, that she felt but could not hear, of the grass beneath her foot.

Her forehead scowled as she looked down at it in some deep concentration. She could feel it, but could not hear it. There was absolutely no logical reasoning behind it.

The breath hitched mid-way in her chest when the realization finally dawned on her. What if she was deaf? But that was a very odd thing, she concluded, considering she was not deaf before, and a few brief seconds later, she threw that thought out of her mind.

How ridiculous this all is, she thought, this time gaining a scowl on her lips, along with her forehead. This was all too confusing for her, especially seeing as she was supposed to be meeting someone. And again, why did she have the feeling as if she meant to be meet someone at the place that she was now? And to make it all worse, she did not know the name for whom she was waiting for.

It was when she was ready to move on, to perhaps a more interesting scene then a dried out plain, someone came from out of a stone building, or a structure of sorts.

The young woman squinted against the brightness of the cloud filled skies, but even that wasn't helping her to see more clearly. A lightly tan hued hand made it's way to her forehead. She was attempting to block the bright contrast of the sky to the one of the ground, and it did seem to improve her sight only a little, and for that, she was grateful.

There was a boy, and he was heading her way. She could not make out much of the details that he donned, like his clothing for example. The only thing she could really see was his hair, which was a stunning shade of gold, and it appeared to be glistening in such a way she had never seen before. And then there was what he donned. Quite like his golden hair, his clothes (what she would soon realize was body armor), were glistening just as strongly.

He came closer, and the girl could just make out the details of his armor if she blinked, then squinted hard enough. There was, what seemed to be, a lion standing on his hind legs, claws lashing out and it's head in the air. She thought it looked like the lion was roaring, but seeing as it was hard enough to see, she wasn't exactly sure.

Just moments later, she felt warmth upon her skin, almost as if someone was breathing on her, that someone being the sun which did not, and would not, make an appearance in that time frame. And then, when she breathed it, the air smelled like warm bread and honeysuckle. Again, it was like nothing she had ever experienced before.

She was so consumed by the warmth against her skin and the aromas around her, she didn't notice the boy now stood before her. And when she finally noticed him, she had to crane her neck back a little to get a good view of his face.

A lump had formed in her throat, and she found that she could not utter a word, for the feeling she got once she set her eyes upon him … It was intoxicating. The warmth increased, she noticed, when he strode over and stood in front of her. The glistening had increased considerably and there was a glorious golden hue that was radiating from him. Common sense told her she would have been blinded by such intense lighting, but somehow, if that was the case, it did not cross her mind.

She felt her worries diminish, for they seemed so impish compared to this boy's presence. She felt his very being intoxicate hers, the feeling (for it felt like she was as light as a feather and as warm as the sun) flitted into her, and she welcomed it with open arms.

“Angora Hawthorne,” spoke the boy in an endearing voice.

She found herself almost being lulled by his voice. It was almost like they were two dear friends that had known each other for all their life, that had been separated, and now they were just reuniting for the very first time, after so many years.

She felt her eyelids start to droop, but she didn't care. She was far too comfortable with the fact that she had nothing to worry about, that she was somehow safe with this boy, this stranger, who she didn't know. Normally, she would back away immediately and start thinking this boy was some kind of crazy, but it didn't worry her that this boy might be someone that was dangerous. She felt loved, and that was a feeling she did not get to feel often from anyone, excluding her family and neighbors.

“Angora,” he spoke her name, in that same endearing voice that she already loved, once more.

The girl's eyes fluttered closed, and it was like she wanted to fall into his arms and let herself fall into a deep slumber. She knew she was starting to lean in towards him, but she was unexpectedly awakened when she felt a thumb and finger grab her chin very lightly, ultimately tilting her face up. Her eyes opened, and she found herself looking into his eyes, which, all together, gave her another jolt of what seemed like electricity.

“Your time is to come, dear one,” spoke the boy, who had tilted his chin down.

She did not know what the boy meant by that, and yet, she did not care, for his face was getting closer to hers, and she could feel her pulse quicken. She hadn't noticed it before, but she now realized that she had had no pulse a few seconds before. Now, it was starting to hammer in her chest, she could practically feel it in her ears.

Before the boy's lips could connect to hers (and she so badly had a longing to feel what those lips felt like, so, so badly), he stopped advancing, instead choosing so that his lips were only a fraction apart from hers. What came next was so dizzying, so breathtaking, it almost made her eyes roll back, and she wanted break the distance from between them.

He breathed into her face, and she swore she could feel every emotional that she had felt in her previous years as a teenager, then a kid. Time seemed to go backwards; starting from the day before hand, ending to her first memory of her existence. She felt everything; from bad emotion, to good emotion, then to excitement. She felt shame, happiness, fear … It was like he was blowing the sunshine, that was missing from the skies above, into her very soul.

And, when it was over and when he withdrew, she felt at peace once more. She had nothing to say and nothing to worry about when she watched him dissipate, his glistening only growing stronger as each part of him seemed to disappear until he was gone from her sight. And then, it was the same old silent and gray scenery before her, but she didn't seem to notice.

It hadn't occurred to her that maybe this was what Heaven felt like.
♠ ♠ ♠
I finally got this up. WOO!

To be honest I wasn't quite sure if it should be either Aslan or someone else that came to her, but I chose someone else.

review, comment, subscribe, if you like, yes?
I would love to hear from you, lovelies.