Status: Finished but to be continued

Love and Pain.

Broken Strings.

(Let me hold you for the last time, it's the last chance to feel again.)

I grabbed the back of her head sending her lips urgently against mine. Tears were trying to break their way through as all the feelings I had for her shattered. I felt so broken yet I still wanted every single part of her. All the love I had was now compared with hate. We have had problems in our relationship and I knew I wasn't giving her all that she wanted let alone what she needed.

She had just told me about her affair and I still can't understand how I can be doing this right now. I didn't want all this to be over but I know we couldn't go on. The pain of not having her next to me at night or not hearing her tell me she loved me every time she went to work. I knew that after now, nothing could take away that hole in our relationship.

Our breathing was heavy but I couldn't keep myself away from her. Her arms were wrapped tightly around my neck making it so we had no space in between the two of us. I used to be absolutely crazy over her but I knew nothing could ever be the same. The feelings I had right now were so intense it made me feel like I was going to explode.

A part of me just wanted to scream at her but the stronger part told me to hold on. We fought so much to be together but my heart couldn't hold on any longer. This would be our last chance to feel anything.

(The truth hurts and lies worse.)

I moved my legs s that her back was now pressed against the wall.

(And I love you a little less, than before.)

(What are we doing, we are turning into dust.)

those times I craved his presence and all those times he never even seemed to notice me, it all made a piece of me shatter. Every time he spoke to me, it broke a part of me. Why couldn't he show he loved me? He said it a billion times but ever since we got married, it's like we drifted apart. Going back to him every day felt like I was walking on glass trying to get there.

All the love I waned from him caused me so much pain to be disappointed soon after. With the person I recently just ran away from home to see, he seemed to satisfy me in ways James could no longer do. It never filled the hole inside me but it made me forget it all. I still felt as if I loved James, but I always knew that no matter what happened, it would always be a fight to stay together.

(You can't play on broken strings.)

As much as I seemed to crave him now, I couldn't bear the pain it would soon cause us after it's all over. My arms started shaking as they slowly came apart. Tears were pouring from my face but I knew this had to end. My lips slowly parted from his but my eyes never opened.

We were over long ago and the only thing that kept me with him, is the fact that we really did love each other. But with love, there is pains and when a heart keeps breaking, it has to come to an end.

(Well I love you a little less, than before.)

Coming back to him was like running through fire and in our last embrace, the fire finally died. The love we once had was gone long ago and we suddenly have to let it all go. We both knew that we couldn't hold on any longer. I put my hands on his shoulders as my eyes slowly opened.

His forehead touched mine as I saw the tears running down his cheeks. We were both completely breathless as the sobs went on and on. I knew I had to leave but I couldn't seem to gain the strength to step away from him. His arms slowly weakened as his hands now rested on my waist. His eyes slowly opened as the last sparkle in his eyes dimmed to be forgotten. We both didn't say a word for we knew exactly what we would say.

I wished that this could go on but we both knew very well that we just didn't have anything left to keep up the fight. My hands were now at my sides as I slowly turned away from him. I forced my shaking legs to move as the pain was now filled with emptiness. With each step I took, I could feel my heart tearing as it held on so weakly to the one I used to love.

By the time I was at the door, I felt something inside me lighten up. We wouldn't have to cause each other pain anymore, for now it is finally over. I looked over at him one last time as I pictured our last embrace.

(Let me hold you for the last time, it's the last chance to feel again.)
♠ ♠ ♠
Story I wrote a couple years ago, so it's not that good. Comments please!